Grumpy Bear

Grumpy Bears 2015 Silverado 2WD

Going to call January a done deal considering the next few days forecast. 

Two fills, just over one tank for the month and only 705 miles. 

2017   24.9 mpg

2018   23.9 mpg 

2019   26.2 mpg

A weather driven month indeed. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

Digging her out. -26 F is as cold as I saw it here. Rockford airport registered -30 F 18 miles north and DeKalb airport -25 F 15 miles south. 

IMG_0054.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

EEESH... even got blanketed with snow. Those temperatures are NOT fun. Definitely in for a warm up idle :lol:

• Like 1

Wife isn't but hang on and fire up the grill,  I'll be right over. Nice house BTW. :thumbs:

Just caught the response, don’t know why. Wrong pic too was supposed to be out the back doorstep, getting old I guess. House was brown recent color change. Wife’s idea. On a two year plan towards moving to a smaller house on back of property and selling this one. Too much yard work.
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 10:42 AM, KARNUT said:

Dude, you’re retired move to Texas. 5195fcd085ef6cb0cd780934d8c8151c.jpg Out my front door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time I have seen vents on a porch roof. 

First time I have seen vents on a porch roof. 

I not a builder. Could have to do with the Texas heat?

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I not a builder. Could have to do with the Texas heat?

I guess, just that the porch is open to the outside underneath and the heat isn't trapped like in the attic.   Ridge vents and soffit vents are the way to go for the main roof line.  It made a huge difference in our house.

I guess, just that the porch is open to the outside underneath and the heat isn't trapped like in the attic.   Ridge vents and soffit vents are the way to go for the main roof line.  It made a huge difference in our house.

When I put a roof on 20 years ago the house had those round spinning vents. They put ridge vents on. Maybe those on the porch were just to match the original vents. There’s no craw space there.

16 hours ago, KARNUT said:

When I put a roof on 20 years ago the house had those round spinning vents. They put ridge vents on. Maybe those on the porch were just to match the original vents. There’s no craw space there.

And I thought I was OCD :lol:

And I thought I was OCD :lol:

I’m kinda a little, maybe more than that.

So after back to back 5" snowfalls followed by a  -30 F week we get hammered by two days of rain and 40 F temperatures to melt the 2 feet of total winter accumulation. Wait ground is a rock so no place to sink into. Water up to the bumpers...then....an ice storm with enough accumulation to take out power lines. Baby - baby. Are we having fun yet? 

As bad as that sounds and feels, looks like much of the lower 48 is hammered worse than northern Illinois. I feel blessed. 

• Like 1

Man we got a VERY mild winter out here! Accuweather long term forecast looks quite promising too :D

• Haha 1