Every Full Sized GM Truck & SUV Model Recalled- Driver Killed

Gorehamj

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GM recall #2016007 Sep 8, 2016

Repair Description:

Reprogram the SDM with new software that eliminates this defect. In vehicles with any previous deployment events recorded in the SDM, the dealers will replace the existing SDM with a new SDM containing the latest software.

No need to wait for the recall notice in the mail to make an appointment. The fix takes about 30 minutes. I have an appointment next Wednesday.

I just took mine in, I have a 2016 GMC Sierra 1500, Elevation. It was for an oil change tire rotation, I had 1100 miles on, but they also said that they had a recall on it. I looked at the receipt and all it said was tire rotation, oil change, recall which had something to do with the software update.

Oh lord give me the patience to accept the things I cannot change and the knowledge to know there is always some poor bastard worse off than me.

:seeya:

I know that I am blessed beyond measure. But it did shock me that the recall announcement happened on the same day that I picked up the new truck.

And for the record, both trucks have had the airbag control reprogrammed.

HI,

I'm taking my truck tonight to get the recall done. Please let me know if they reprogram the HMI. The reason I ask is because I update the HMI to have navigation and if the dealer reprogram the HMI they will delete the navigation features. Thanks,

Thanks for the heads-up, will be checking up on this when I take mine in for service in the next couple weeks.

Had mine done yesterday morning, after work. I've only had one glitch since they updated my software. I was editing my errand route home, dismissed an upcoming turn (at a light), and my radio/nav unit rebooted. No problem since, yet.

Glad I noticed this thread.

I've had my truck since late August and hadn't heard about this.

I did get a recall notice a couple weeks ago about something to do with the windshield wipers (said I'd receive further notice when it was ready to be fixed), but nothing about the airbags.

I'm going in Friday anyway to get the Android Auto update... I'll make sure they take care of this as well.

Archived