2015 Tahoe. A/C Condenser

A/C stopped working. Dealer says Condenser went bad. This truck is 2 years old. Live in Michigan so maybe used air for 6 months. Not covered under warranty.

Anyone else have this problem?

Don't know why it wouldn't be covered under warrenty. A/C condensers don't just " go bad". They either get plugged up from a dirt in the system, or get a hole in them and leak. I think I would turn the screw pretty hard on my dealer to cover it under warranty. Or at the very least get a more detailed explanation of why the condenser actually failed. I guess if there was a hole in it they probably wouldn't cover it though, as they could say it was caused by environmental conditions.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

A/C stopped working. Dealer says Condenser went bad. This truck is 2 years old. Live in Michigan so maybe used air for 6 months. Not covered under warranty.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, i had the same issue happen to me last week. My Tahoe is also two years old. It's not an isolated issue. Check out this link.

www http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Tahoe/2015/AC_heater/ac_stopped_working.shtml

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Same story here! 2015 Tahoe and have been without AC for 3 weeks now. Filed a complaint with GM with absolute zero assistance. Condensers are back ordered and next to impossible to find. This will be the last GM product I will ever own.

My Condenser ALSO went bad!!! I have contacted corporate and they have no desire to help resolve anything or help with repairs. Absolutely ridiculous that a 2015 model is is having issues like this! I've had many different cars and this is the last Chevrolet I'll have. I am without AC as well with 3 small children. It is 86 degrees here. It's not just a coincidence that there are this many going out.

Edited by Mtaylor1985

• 2 weeks later...

Of course its not a coincidence. This is a widespread problem, and GM refuses to acknowledge it. All of these condensers are failing in the exact same place. I, too, contacted GM for assistance with the issue. I asked them to please pick up half the tab for the repairs relating to the faulty part that was in this truck. They were of no assistance. In fact, they won't even acknowledge that there is a problem.

GM does not care about their customers. Nor are they interested in doing the right thing, and standing behind their faulty product. There will never be another GM product in my household. Done.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. Waited 5 hours today to hear they found a leak in the condenser but have no idea when a part will be available due to national shortage. Dealer says it's a problem with the condenser manufacturer, which is not GM/Chevy. So, in the Florida heat with 3 kids and a 2-year old vehicle I am without air. Not to mention I already had a fan belt crack and fuel injection system repaired/replaced. I've never had so much trouble with any vehicle I've owned. This is my first GM/Chevy and will be my last. Too bad, because I love my truck.

GM should have the good sense to stand behind their product by issuing a recall.

The mechanical features of my home and the appliances are covered longer than 1 year. Only we aren't talking about houses, we're talking about cars. We are also talking about a 2015 vehicle and it's 2017.

Condenser isn't covered and according to the service department it is a widespread issue. Must be for them to have a national shortage of this particular part with no anticipated date of having them available. Dealer told me he's had 3 cars there for more than 2 weeks waiting on the part. It's my opinion a recall should be issued and GM should acknowledge the faulty part.

GM knows this part is faulty. Hell, they cant even keep the part in stock. The least they could do would be to keep their expensive faulty parts that were sold to us on our trucks in stock.

GM is not interested in doing the right thing. They are interested in saving money. Actually, this is a big money maker for them knowing that 100% of these parts will fail at $700.00 a piece to repair. People were dying in their vehicles from a faulty part, and they would not do a recall. Thinking they might recall this is wishful thinking.

I wouldn't buy another GM piece of shit if they were having a 75% off sale!

Same issue with us.

Seems like we all need to join together and contact a reputable, national lemon law attorney and seek class action status.

Anyone interested in joining? These cases are taken 'pro-bono' so no money leaves the plaintiffs pockets.

• Like 2

Same issue with us.

Seems like we all need to join together and contact a reputable, national lemon law attorney and seek class action status.

Anyone interested in joining? These cases are taken 'pro-bono' so no money leaves the plaintiffs pockets.

I would. The condenser is not the only issue I've had. Check on carcomplaints.com and you'll find many other valid complaints and many other people who've had this same issue. Spoke with Chevy Owner Customer Rep today who said they do not have a timeline or forecast date for when parts could be expected in stock. Unacceptable.

GM acts like this is NOT a wide spread issue. In fact, they act like they aren't even knowledgeable of the problem. I told them to read all over the internet. Their response "you can't believe everything you see on the internet. Anyone can put whatever they want." Ok, I get that... but do you honestly think that this many people are getting on the internet and making up the exact same problems with their AC condenser? NO!! I'm so furious about this!!!

GM acts like this is NOT a wide spread issue. In fact, they act like they aren't even knowledgeable of the problem. I told them to read all over the internet. Their response "you can't believe everything you see on the internet. Anyone can put whatever they want." Ok, I get that... but do you honestly think that this many people are getting on the internet and making up the exact same problems with their AC condenser? NO!! I'm so furious about this!!!

Well ask them why dealers have no condensers in stock?