AC Condenser replacement

benjdow

I have the same problem. 2015 Yukon Denali. Condenser failure. They told me national backorder, no idea when they will get it in. I have taken to harassing GM on Twitter. This should either be a recall or a class action lawsuit.

It has been running about 4 weeks to get the newest designed part in. No need to start suing until GM stops picking up the repair bill. After that, file away.

Oreilly auto has murray condensers which would probably be just as good as a delco. I know people want the dealer to do it but if you cant get parts maybe its an alternative? and they show them for 147 dollars not 300. Murray makes a lot of a/c components so if your a diy person id go with that.

Edited by ericw

Oreilly auto has murray condensers which would probably be just as good as a delco. I know people want the dealer to do it but if you cant get parts maybe its an alternative? and they show them for 147 dollars not 300. Murray makes a lot of a/c components so if your a diy person id go with that.

The Oreilly in my area told me that no store in the Houston area has a murray condenser as they are also on back order... that was what I was going to do but the dealer was the only place I was able to find in my area that had a condenser.

Warranty customers with a rental get top priority to get them out of the rent car on GM's dime.

When I brought the car in, they gave me a rental for a few days and then once everything was diagnosed they said that the warranty wouldn't pay for me to keep driving the rental while I waited for the part. I had to return the rental and pick up my Yukon. Been waiting ever since.

When I brought the car in, they gave me a rental for a few days and then once everything was diagnosed they said that the warranty wouldn't pay for me to keep driving the rental while I waited for the part. I had to return the rental and pick up my Yukon. Been waiting ever since.

You should have told them to pound sand. They will get the rental back when the AC gets fixed. In the southern US, if the AC is not working, the vehicle is out of service.

Could everyone that is having condenser issues please report the problem to savercars.gov? You can call or fill it out online. They are the ones that investigate recalls. GM corporate will do absolutely nothing to help with this. Once you report your issue to safercars.gov the issue will be in investigated on the continuous issues with the condensers. Thank you! I filed mine today!

Could everyone that is having condenser issues please report the problem to savercars.gov? You can call or fill it out online. They are the ones that investigate recalls. GM corporate will do absolutely nothing to help with this. Once you report your issue to safercars.gov the issue will be in investigated on the continuous issues with the condensers. Thank you! I filed mine today!

Is that just for "safety" issues? Why would nhtsa care about you being warm in your car? Unless you make a case that the defroster uses your ac to dry the air so if your defroster doesn't work then it's a safety issue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by ShamrockShooter

Just joined the forum because of this issue.

March 21, I purchased a 2014 Silverado LT Doublecab with 87,500 miles on it. Salesman told me that it needed a condenser and it would be $1400 and it would take three days to get it done. No problem, $1400 added to price of truck

Picked up truck March 24, nice and shiny, ready to go. Salesman handed me the keys. I drove off. First couple of days it was very cool out, so no need for air. But third day it was warm, so I turned on the air. It blew hot.

Went back to dealer, talked to salesman. "Oh, didn't service dept tell you the condenser was on back order?"

Long story short, it's been 9 weeks today since I bought truck, and when I called dealership today, same story: it's still on back order.

My previous Silverados, a 2002 and a 2006, were excellent trucks that I put a whole lot of miles on (250,000 on the '02 before I traded it). But right now, I don't know that I am too pleased with GM or the dealership where I bought the truck. It's a known issue and they are trying to act like this is the first time it's ever happened and they just don't know why it's still on back order.

This is a terrible first post, I know, but I drive 70 miles round trip to work and having no air really sucks.

Edited by arkiehotrods