Sign in to follow this  
No Tyme

V6 Equinox, why are they hard to find?

My wife's lease is up soon and she wants to get a V6 Equinox, but they seem very hard to find. She doesn't care for the grill on the 17's and was hoping to find a 16 LT or better, front wheel drive V6.

Why so many 4 cylinders?

CAFE. And Chevy made the V6 only available with AWD starting 2016 model year. FWD V6 can be had at camp GMC Terrain however.

It's funny that you say that. My wife is on her 2nd equinox and to be honest, I don't think I've seen a v6 yet. I do think the engine has improved a little since her 2013. The 16 seems peppier on the throttle. I had heard that it came in a v6 back in 13 but never saw one personally.

CAFE. And Chevy made the V6 only available with AWD starting 2016 model year. FWD V6 can be had at camp GMC Terrain however.

She is not fond of the boxy fender flares on the GMC.

It's funny that you say that. My wife is on her 2nd equinox and to be honest, I don't think I've seen a v6 yet. I do think the engine has improved a little since her 2013. The 16 seems peppier on the throttle. I had heard that it came in a v6 back in 13 but never saw one personally.

My wife sold her 2012 Equinox that had a V6 to our daughter because of lack of credit. She them leased a 14 Equinox with a 4 cylinder and don't like the lack of power to enter the expressway when the 3 girls head to class. Our dealer is searching for a 16 with a V6 but it looks like she may need to order a 17, and to get a V6 in 17 she has to get AWD. It's odd in my opinion that V6's are so hard to find.

I have a V6 mid sized SUV front wheel drive, I would recommend only getting all wheel drive with that combination. There all pretty much around 300 HP now and depending on the traction control you have, you will have a hard time keeping from lighting the tires every time you hit the gas. Mine has a ECO button that helps, but it can get fun in the rain if a person panics easy, especially going around corners.

I have a V6 mid sized SUV front wheel drive, I would recommend only getting all wheel drive with that combination. There all pretty much around 300 HP now and depending on the traction control you have, you will have a hard time keeping from lighting the tires every time you hit the gas. Mine has a ECO button that helps, but it can get fun in the rain if a person panics easy, especially going around corners.

My wife did have the V6 for 2.5 years and only sold it to our daughter because she needed a reliable vehicle for her and the little one. So she is aware on how it operates. The 4 cylinder she has now just don't have the get up and go with 3 adults and their sparing gear.

Edited by No Tyme

I was being general not singling anyone out. Lead footing some front drives these days can be fun for some of the least experiance drivers.

My wife did have the V6 for 2.5 years and only sold it to our daughter because she needed a reliable vehicle for her and the little one. So she is aware on how it operates. The 4 cylinder she has now just don't have the get up and go with 3 adults and their sparing gear.

I was being general not singling anyone out. Lead footing some front drives these days can be fun for some of the least experiance drivers.

No worries, at 57 she isn't a lead foot... in fact she rubs it in every now and then that she has never had a ticket. For me, a former truck driver, I had more than my share in my younger days, LOL.

I would wait for the next Gen Equinox, my mom leased a 16' 4cyl and it's miserable to drive it's always revved out. She even complained about it. I think the V6 is mostly in the LTZ Equinox and dealers usually don't have them on the lots

Edited by KMGZ400

I would wait for the next Gen Equinox, my mom leased a 16' 4cyl and it's miserable to drive it's always revved out. She even complained about it. I think the V6 is mostly in the LTZ Equinox and dealers usually don't have them on the lots

My understanding is that in the 17's to get the V6 we will have to get all wheel drive. I was keeping my Trailblazer so she had something to drive when her lease is up in December but sold it 2 months ago. Insurance is way too darn high here in Michigan...

She has to find something by Christmas when her lease is up: she is not going to lease again, as she believes it's to costly. Our salesman is looking for something but it is looking like she will have to order a 17 all wheel drive.

I just thought it was odd that the V6's are so hard to find.

My understanding is that in the 17's to get the V6 we will have to get all wheel drive. I was keeping my Trailblazer so she had something to drive when her lease is up in December but sold it 2 months ago. Insurance is way too darn high here in Michigan...

She has to find something by Christmas when her lease is up: she is not going to lease again, as she believes it's to costly. Our salesman is looking for something but it is looking like she will have to order a 17 all wheel drive.

I just thought it was odd that the V6's are so hard to find.

I think a majority of Equinox buyers would opt for the 4cyl and GM realized that. I think the 4cyl awd is the most popular

I think a majority of Equinox buyers would opt for the 4cyl and GM realized that. I think the 4cyl awd is the most popular

Our salesman actually told us that they find it hard to sell the V6's. Go figure.

She knows the fuel mileage will drop some with the AWD but the only reason she is not going to buy the leased Equinox, it's a 4 cylinder. Only trouble with it in the 21 months she has had it is that the Chevy emblem is doing what many Bowtie emblems have done (can't find a word for the discoloring).

Thanks all for the responses: She gets her Black Metallic 17 tomorrow. She got one dressed out just the way she wanted with only the added winter floor mats and cargo mat.

Now to pick up a set of E-T Black Chrome locking lug nuts for it.

I think our Weather Tech rain guards should fit along with the locking gas cap. Will find out tomorrow.

Then she'll be stylin...