Sign in to follow this  
No Tyme

V6 Equinox, why are they hard to find?

My wife and I just went through this exercise.

Lease is up on my wife's '14 Equinox 2LT v6, and we were sorely disappointed to find out that 1) v6 only comes in AWD configurations in '16+ and 2) finding a v6 Equinox is impeccably hard.

The dealership tried up-selling us to an '18 Equinox -- which I think are utter crap, but that's another story -- and then down-selling us to a Trax, but we both still wanted the v6. I had the wife try the 4 cylinder, but we both felt like we were going to get smashed trying to merge onto the expressway. No thank you!

We were going to settle on the Trax, but then I decided to visit a GMC dealer where they had a decent selection of Terrain v6's.

The Terrain costs a bit more, but we're getting alot more features for not much more. Honestly prefer the styling of the Equinox more (especially the '16/'17 refresh), but we can live with it!

My wife totaled her '05 Equinox LT with a v6 in August 2016. We've had it since new and it had less than 50k miles. Everyone survived with only scrapes/bruises so she wanted to replace it with as close to the same in a modern Equinox.

She test drove a '16 v4 and said she liked it. I asked to drive it and agree with everyone else regarding the power. I insisted on the v6. The dealer told us the v6 wasn't available in a '16 but located a '17 AWD v6 for dealer trade. The suspension in the AWD is a little stiffer than her old one, but she likes it so we took it. With supplier pricing, we knew it wasn't an upsell situation.

• Like 1

We found several v6 FWD 17s on one lot, being FWD was the only reason we didn't consider them...they seemed to be limited to the Premier package, but were definitely FWD. So they are available?

The one that is hard to find is that Siren Red color in anything. That's what we wanted, and they are next to impossible to find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We found several v6 FWD 17s on one lot, being FWD was the only reason we didn't consider them...they seemed to be limited to the Premier package, but were definitely FWD. So they are available?

The one that is hard to find is that Siren Red color in anything. That's what we wanted, and they are next to impossible to find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We were the opposite. We didn't need AWD on the last Equinox and had no reason to switch it up this time.