How-To: A10 Inside RearView Auto Dimming Mirror Conversion (DD8)

pgamboa

I did 

I do pin the door harnesses for the dimming circuits. Maybe double check continuity there?

On the 18-pin mirror connector, pin 2 (yellow) goes to pin 5 on the 41-Pin door jamb connector. Then check pin 16 (violet) to pin 6 on the 41-Pin door jamb connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed my rear view, and having same issue. Everything works perfectly except for the side mirror not dimming. I did double check the pinout and I’m pretty certain everything was according to the diagram. Have not dug back into door to check continuity though. May do it tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just installed my rear view, and having same issue. Everything works perfectly except for the side mirror not dimming. I did double check the pinout and I’m pretty certain everything was according to the diagram. Have not dug back into door to check continuity though. May do it tomorrow.

Also check the back side of the X61A Junction where the circuits leave and go to the door jamb side. Also note, that the reference drawings I included are screenshots of their connectors and they are in mirror image. Not sure why so double check the landing on all pins to their slot location.

I will have to shoot you a PM Phil to get this going. I bought my DL3’s and harness from you.... might as well take advantage of your harness and get this going!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Gonna pick this up instead of starting a new thread. I have the  auto dim rear view mirror. I want that to work. Not interested in changing the side mirrors I like the factory cheapies. But the auto dim rearview....I gotta have it. 

What do I need just for this? Thanks in advance for the help.

• Like 1

Gonna pick this up instead of starting a new thread. I have the  auto dim rear view mirror. I want that to work. Not interested in changing the side mirrors I like the factory cheapies. But the auto dim rearview....I gotta have it. 

What do I need just for this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Just add power to it. Pin # 2 of the mirror needs 12v to it.

• Like 1

kinda what I thought but best to hear from an expert. thanks Phil!!!

Keep in mind that there is a backup lamp circuit... that when added, will disable the dimming when in reverse. This is to ensure your view is not compromised when reversing.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2018 at 9:42 PM, pgamboa said:

I am offering these for $75 when you get around to doing it.

Is the mirror part number 13584893?  Found one for sale.  

I ended up buying that truck yesterday.  I will post some pictures when I pick it up tomorrow. Getting a Line-X put in it today. 

On 12/27/2018 at 8:38 AM, johnhankel said:

Is the mirror part number 13584893?  Found one for sale.  

I ended up buying that truck yesterday.  I will post some pictures when I pick it up tomorrow. Getting a Line-X put in it today. 

Bump.  Can someone confirm the part number?

• Like 1