2016 seats uncomfortable

Anyone else feel the same way?

The padding in the butt area feels way too soft, no support. It just sinks right down. And I'm not a very heavy guy either--5'9 135lb.

In the seat, I feel like my knees are unnaturally high. Flexed up. I can't get the front of the seat to angle down enough. It forces your knees up. Your butt sinks down into the padding 2-3 inches.

It's giving me leg pain, and it's the only thing I don't like about my truck. It may end up causing me to trade or switch brands. It's really that bad for me.

Since I do like everything else about my truck, I've resorted to trying to place additional support in the butt area, blankets, wedges, you name it. None of it really helps that much.

Any tips?

Edited by protovack

My wife and daughter say the seats in my 2014 Silverado z71 are no where near as comfy as my 2006 sierra sle. I can't argue as those seats were softer and more comfortable. The lumbar area in my 2006 GMC Sierra was worn and not supportive enough for me so I welcome the 10 way adjustable with lumbar support in my 2014 z71.

Jason

Power, leather seats in the 2016 comfortable, even on long trips; lumbar support works just fine. Comfort is really a subjective issue, not dependent solely upon height or weight, but the size of your a$$.

• Like 1

+1 on the bottom front angle, I get the feeling I'm sitting in a clam shell but I can live with it, overall I think they're OK. Just about every new car/truck manufacturer are now making tiny little rock hard seats with overblown bolsters that dig in, that's fine for the track, but for a truck??? I don't get it...give me a good 'ol bench seat from the sixties.

• Like 3

While I loved my old 1998's bench seat, I think my 2015 has a pretty decent seat. I find it odd that protovack said he sinks down too much. I believe that the newer vehicles have firmer seats than ever before. I also wonder if his seat has a defect.

I can sit in mine for a 5.5 hour ride to the in-laws and I feel no discomfort or pain. I'm about 5-10, 200 lbs.

I would definitely take it to the dealer. The "sinking down" part of your concern sounds particularly strange. I find that my seat offers enough adjustments that i can get very comfortable. I too liked the bench seats of the 60's. You could move your seat forward or backwards and your passengers went with you!

Either a defect or they changed something in 2016. I don't have any complaints on the seats in my 2015. I'm a fairly large guy 5'11" 260lbs. Maybe my large rear keeps me out of the crease. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well they are changing seat manufacturer in 2018 so it appears even GM is not satisfied with the seats.

http://thenewswheel.com/next-gen-silverado-sierra-will-have-better-seats-thanks-to-better-supplier-contracts/

Lets just hope they have the good sense to add rear seat vent too.

Edited by Alpine Truck Life
  • Like 1

The padding in the butt area feels way too soft, no support. It just sinks right down. And I'm not a very heavy guy either--5'9 135lb.

In the seat, I feel like my knees are unnaturally high. Flexed up. I can't get the front of the seat to angle down enough. It forces your knees up. Your butt sinks down into the padding 2-3 inches.

It's giving me leg pain, and it's the only thing I don't like about my truck. It may end up causing me to trade or switch brands. It's really that bad for me.

Since I do like everything else about my truck, I've resorted to trying to place additional support in the butt area, blankets, wedges, you name it. None of it really helps that much.

Any tips?

Yup, that right there is your problem. Put 135lbs on two twigs and it will dig and sink in to anything soft :crackup: Eat some more cheeseburgers or hit the gym (legs especially) and the seats will get much more comfortable! I will say the last two gens seats were more comfy (not by a ton) but the general complaints seem to be this model seats are firmer than the lounge chair padding of the earlier models.

Either way mine are very comfy, though I am 6'5 265. Can't help you much about the adjustments. Go check out another truck and see if it is the same...

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970

Any tips?

Maybe this would help you

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drivers-Seat-Lift-Kit-2015-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-Truck-how-to-raise-your-seat-/302079798660

I do remember another member starting a thread for the same problem, but it was for either a '14 or '15, can't remember. I think you really just need to play with the switches. Need to remember that they don't just go up and down or front to back, but you can push or pull up on just the front or rear to adjust some of the leveling. Also I actually remember mentioning that maybe he suffers from no-ass-at-all or boney ass syndrome just too be funny, but it can be a problem lol.

I find the seats comfortable and I'm about 5'8"-5'9" and about 200 lbs (don't really look 200 lbs though). And I've gone on long trips like going to the beach for the day where it was 150 miles one way plus 100 miles of driving for a total of 400 in the one day. Also I've done a few 200 mile round trips and still need to do a few and never had a problem. But, I also remember the seats in my '98 were also pretty comfortable. Both have/had cloth bucket seats. Only difference is that the '89 had the center console and not the bench seat and my '14 has the 40/20/40 (I think it's what it's called) where it's 2 buckets but has the middle jump seat which I love since it has the middle seat and storage with the comfort of buckets for the main seats.