In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
bdkidd01

Borla ATAK exhaust vs GM Borla exhaust system

Looking to get an exhaust system, what are the differences if any between a Borla ATAK catback system vs the GM Borla exhaust system?

GM Borla has a flapper just like the OEM exhaust to help reduce funny noises when in v4 mode. Also the GM one will be much quieter.

• Like 1

Ended up ordering the Borla S-type exhaust felt it had a more consistent deep sound throughout compared to the ATAK based off the videos, guess I'll find out! It'll have to be better than stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GM Borla is the equivalent of the Touring version, IIRC.

And regardless of what you read about the GM version flapper getting rid of the V4 drone, it's not true. I've not heard a truck with a non-GM Borla system, so maybe the GM V4 drone is quieter, but I promise you it's there.

Also, though I decided to go with the standard GM version (Touring), you can get the S-type or ATAK versions through GM, they just go through a different distributor to get the different muffler.