TuneSelect won't select tunes

CadillacLuke24

Question

2015 Chevrolet SIlverado LTZ Z71 Double Cab

I have the 8 inch screen navigation system, an XM subscription, and the nifty little feature called TuneSelect. TuneSelect is a feature where I can tag bands or songs, and when these are played on XM, I get a notification on my navigation screen and the little screen between my tachometer and speedometer.

TuneSelect works great, with one exception: It won't notify for bands beginning with T. It will tell me when the Eagles, Jim Croce, Seether, Shinedown, Linkin Park, and other bands (or comedians) play. However, I will come across Theory of a Deadman or Twenty One Pilots on a channel, and I didn't receive a notification prior. It's not due to inattentiveness, as I've been sitting parked, scrolling through channels, and come across one of these bands without prior notification.

It's not a huge problem, but considering my favorite band is Theory of a Deadman, I would like to fix it.

Due to the spotty nature of this problem, I'm thinking it may be an issue with the system. Any suggestions? Can I get it reflashed, or is it something more in depth?

Thank you for your help.

1 answer to this question

I found a weird fix that solved the problem. One day I was listening to my radio and Theory of a Deadman came on. Tagged the band through TuneSelect, It didn't work, as I switched to a different channel and did not get an alert.

So what I did was delete the tag, turn off the radio entirely (where it shows the clock and the date), count to 30, turn it back on, re-tag Theory of a Deadman, and when I tuned to a different channel, I got the notification!

That way, if anyone else has the same problem, here's one way to fix it.

Archived