Do you have the sa's running off an amp or the deck? If an amp what wattage are you hitting them with? I know the sa's are only 2.75 inch soooo...not much kick to them....but do you notice any extra kick from them?

I'm running pioneer comp sets in the front and I really can't put my finger on it...but I just don't feel the punch from them. 6.75 speakers and I know vs all the other brands I'm not on the upper scale but feel they lack a little. Maybe I need to do like you stated and fully deaden the door. I have them IB and foam ringed so the audio doesn't escape between the door and panel...looking forward to the build on your system .. Always curious on what ppl do to the same vehicle I have...

Oh on the sa's. Did you leave the cap on the sa or are you using a crossover for them?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No amp... yes it has extra kick.. but like you said it's just 2.75"... I left the cap that came on the SA's but I think it could benefit from a crossover. I never used an IB but I hear that could be causing the muffled sound... I also did not think about foam rings... where did you yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No amp... yes it has extra kick.. but like you said it's just 2.75"... I left the cap that came on the SA's but I think it could benefit from a crossover. I never used an IB but I hear that could be causing the muffled sound... I also did not think about foam rings... where did you yours?

If you have or are getting 6.5 speakers you can use these. There are some vids on you tube on them

http://www.mobilesolutions-usa.com/store/p878/F.A.S.T._Rings__3-Piece_Foam_6.5"_Speaker_Enhancer_Kit.html

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=T5fAQUcLuwM

Mine are 6.75 so the don't make that size. I went to home depot and got the foam strips you can seal windows with and made my own. A little crude but it does the job

If you have or are getting 6.5 speakers you can use these. There are some vids on you tube on them

http://www.mobilesolutions-usa.com/store/p878/F.A.S.T._Rings__3-Piece_Foam_6.5"_Speaker_Enhancer_Kit.html

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=T5fAQUcLuwM

Mine are 6.75 so the don't make that size. I went to home depot and got the foam strips you can seal windows with and made my own. A little crude but it does the job

Yeah I was just looking at them on amazon... I got 6.75" also.. so lowes here I come. :) (home depot is too far away :P )

why 6.75 in the front doors instead of 6x9? And why coax instead of 4 way? Honestly curious bc you seem to know way more about audio than i do lol

Personal preference mostly.. There is an argument for any way to go but here are my reasons.. circle speakers produce a more symmetrical sound. (I know this is subjective take if for what you will) also 6X9's tend to be more expensive. .. 4 Way vs 2 Way In a 4 Way you just get two extra tweeters.. that in almost all cases block the cone of the main speaker which in turn deflects the sound in unintended directions. I think the 4 way is more of a gimmick you know if 2 way is good 4 way must be better.. .and I use to think like that as well. I even have purchased 4 way speakers... but IMHO its not needed. Plus I got a good deal on the 2 pair I bought it was $60 cheaper than crutchfield.

• Like 1

Personal preference mostly.. There is an argument for any way to go but here are my reasons.. circle speakers produce a more symmetrical sound. (I know this is subjective take if for what you will) also 6X9's tend to be more expensive. .. 4 Way vs 2 Way In a 4 Way you just get two extra tweeters.. that in almost all cases block the cone of the main speaker which in turn deflects the sound in unintended directions. I think the 4 way is more of a gimmick you know if 2 way is good 4 way must be better.. .and I use to think like that as well. I even have purchased 4 way speakers... but IMHO its not needed. Plus I got a good deal on the 2 pair I bought it was $60 cheaper than crutchfield.

Awesome thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go a similar route.

why 6.75 in the front doors instead of 6x9? And why coax instead of 4 way? Honestly curious bc you seem to know way more about audio than i do lol

Coax are perfectly fine. 4 ways are more hype than anything. If you get a coax with the woofer and a tweeter and a good reviewed set your good. Reason a went with components is to put the tweeter on the dash and have the lows...well down low lol. I am running front dash sa's, tweets right next to a pillars angled up about 45° aimed slightly at the windshield and the woofer in the door. Soon I will be adding a DSP so i am able to tune the system for the freqs each speaker is made for. Ex is the woofer 70~80 - 3800 hz, dash 250,300- 6-7000hz, and the tweet from 4000- up. Letting the speakers do their own job instead of taking everything in let's them work more efficiently and sound better. Plus I want time alignment for when I'm alone in the truck

• Like 1

I might... later down the road get a DSP and or amp for the door speakers... I did not do component because i wanted factory look and easy of installation also the reason why I got the SA's because it was the closest in size to factory... btw it's not a perfect fit you got to wiggle it in there and use the screws that come with it because the screws that came out will not work.

I might... later down the road get a DSP and or amp for the door speakers... I did not do component because i wanted factory look and easy of installation also the reason why I got the SA's because it was the closest in size to factory... btw it's not a perfect fit you got to wiggle it in there and use the screws that come with it because the screws that came out will not work.

Lol I put em in tonight. Waiting til tomorrow to button everything up. Yea they are off by maybe 1-2 mm and that makes them a bit tight. I listened briefly to some songs and can tell the difference. Much better

Want to give an update... thanks to Jeff5347 for the idea here are the install pictures of the foam rings..

Rear door speaker

2016-10-04%2015.11.21.jpg

2016-10-04%2015.13.30.jpg

Front door speaker

2016-10-04%2015.43.33.jpg

2016-10-04%2015.45.15%20HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Want to give an update... thanks to Jeff5347 for the idea here are the install pictures of the foam rings..

Rear door speaker

2016-10-04%2015.11.21.jpg

2016-10-04%2015.13.30.jpg

Front door speaker

2016-10-04%2015.43.33.jpg

2016-10-04%2015.45.15%20HDR.jpg

Those look good. Where did you get the foam? Looks like it was a flat piece you cut in a circle. How did you get them to stick.

Def interested in how you got this done. Looks way nicer than mine lol

Those look good. Where did you get the foam? Looks like it was a flat piece you cut in a circle. How did you get them to stick.

Def interested in how you got this done. Looks way nicer than mine lol

Got it from Lowes.. its air conditioner weather stripping and I used loctite spray adhesive (Light 100). On the rear doors I used a razor knife and split it in half and the front I just used it as is, that's why its thicker.