whats that do? focus the sound into the cabin instead of leaking between the door panels.

Yes Exactly. as you can see in the pictures the factory speakers has this.. it makes a seal of sorts from the speaker to the door skin. so most/all the sound goes out the door instead of behind the door skin.

• Like 2

Can you reload the pics? I’d like to see how this all came together as I’m thinking about doing the same this winter.

Noticed that my left rear speaker is blown, a few months ago.  Looking at replacing all with new/better speakers.  Thanks for the list.

Great write up for good upgrade. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Bkapanka
      I just bought my first newish truck, being the 2014 Silverado 2wd z71 lt. It’s got the crew cab with 5.3l under the hood. I’m currently stationed at ft Stewart ga. 

Im just looking for some help or some advice on some upgrades I’d like to do to this truck and which products might be the best.

- I’d like to change the headlights and fog lights from stock.
      - Put a leveling kit and some new (bigger) a/t tires on it and not sure what size being
      2wd.
      - Change to an aftermarket air intake.
      - Do something about the shitty stock speakers (without Bose). Wether it be new door speakers and sub(s). Or be just subs and have a separate amp just for door speakers. Do I need a processor to hook up to stock 8” head unit.
      - How do I add any app or navigation to this stock 8” head unit
      - Exhaust?
      - How to get more performance from the truck.

Anything would help,

Thanks
    • By SilveradoKeydet11
      Hey all,

I have a 2017 LT 5.3 Z71 that just turned over 10k miles.  I've never had a truck under warranty so I haven't jumped into many mods yet (did an intake tube and hoping for an exhaust soon though).  

Trucks/jeeps I've had in the past I've upgraded the transmission pan to hold more fluid/cool better, on my Tahoe I did the same to the rear differential cover for toughness and cooling ability.  I've never had a new truck but plan on holding onto it for a long time so my thoughts are longevity/preventative/bulletproofing the drivetrain.

Anyone have thoughts/experience/opinions?

Thanks!
    • By Albatross696
      Hey guys. So I just bought an 03 1500 LS and I hate the look of the steering wheel. My buddy has an extra wheel from his 08 1500 (which I much prefer). Is there anyway of swapping the second gen wheel into my first gen? Thanks for your time. 
    • By sschulze
      Replacing Bose factory 6.5" subwoofer in the center consol with a JL audio 6w3v3. I have seen many people talk about doing this but have never actually seen anyone follow through. I also replaced my rear door speakers. Factory size is 4x6 and I put in 6x8.  

Made tempelate of speaker size and traced onto the truck door with sharpie. Then used tin snips to cut out the hole. It was super easy and there is nothing back there to get in the way. Then made a mounting ring out of MDF and a jig saw. Painted it black and put a foam sealer on it which pulled tight when I mounted the speaker. I did notice a better sound quality when I added the 6x8 over the 4x6. I swapped because I lost sound out of my back right speaker and thought why not throw a bigger speaker in there. 

I will be installing the JL 6w3v3 with the JL jx250 amp this week and I will post pictures and let anyone know how it turned out. Obviously it's not a 10 or 12 under the rear seat but I think it will add a much better sound overall. Not looking to wake the neighborhood. I have read many places it's is "sooo complicated" to get to the Bose sub in the center consol why bother with it. Not true at all. It took 25-30 min to get the entire console out and pull the sub.  

• By laaubin
      Hi,
      I'm relatively new here so forgive me if this has been covered.
      Does anyone here know the items required and the part numbers to upgrade the OnStar Nav radio (IO5) to the full Nav (IO6) system?
      I've seen where it's only a cable and in other places you need to get a number of parts.
      If anyone has any experience with this mod I would really appreciate as much info as possible so I can go ahead with this mod.

Thanks ahead of time for any help and info.