WT trim with Color DIC, Steering Wheel Controls, IO5 Stereo retrofit.

9 minutes ago, richamor said:

If all you want is the steering wheel controls I would guess that you just need to get the wheel and do the wiring. Mine worked with my IO4 unit so I see no reason it wouldn’t work with yours. 

Harltech got it to work on his ios 4.  Ios 4 and up i think it will work.  Iob is awhole different story

• Like 1

Here is my scan please confirm the IOB that I am correct

1GCVKPEC7JZ353506,2018,CK15753,05,18,06,VXNV0M, AE7 AXK AY0 C5Z C67 DL8 EF7 E63 FHO FWI GBA H2R IOB I18 JD9 L83 MAH MYC NK5 NTB NZN QT0 RC4 RUF UDC UQ3 U2K V8D WMJ X88 Z60 1CX 4D7 6YB 7YB 8X2 9X2,8555,,,,

are there more codes codes after the ,,,,,,,, at the end I tried four QR readers including one that wasn’t free

thanks again

3 hours ago, Nasty said:

Iob radios dont have an hmi if i remember right. Dont quote me on this but i dont think theres anything you can do.  You can get nav and backup cam though. From MVI

See the 2 blank tabs in the picture ? That's where the HMI would be if my 2016 WT truck had one.   RPO code IOB, 7 inch color screen. You also have to get creative if you want to add the full floor console since there is no HMI to plug in to.

HMI.JPG

If all you want is the steering wheel controls I would guess that you just need to get the wheel and do the wiring. Mine worked with my IO4 unit so I see no reason it wouldn’t work with yours. 
Wait wait wait. Did you have a wt cluster and added steering wheel controls and did the wiring and it worked? Or did you change cluster and did the wiring while keeping the io4 module?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I had the IO4 radio and WT DIC cluster. I kept the IO4, replaced the cluster and steering wheel, did the wiring as per instructions, and it worked great. I just changed the radio to the 8” touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and it all works. Backup cam as well.

If I remember correctly someone said, because I had to ask, that the steering wheel controls wouldn't work with the WT cluster. So swapping the wheel and cluster is the first order of business.

Edited by richamor

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to do this. 2016 2500hd plow prep IO3. Got my denali cluster from wams, wheel and cluster installed (currently no button backlighting) , and an alpine restyle. Cant grasp how the one wire will make it work, but I also only installed the basics with the alpine. Just need the crimper and pin. ?  

• Like 1

I am about to do this. 2016 2500hd plow prep IO3. Got my denali cluster from wams, wheel and cluster installed (currently no button backlighting) , and an alpine restyle. Cant grasp how the one wire will make it work, but I also only installed the basics with the alpine. Just need the crimper and pin. [emoji1696]  

It’s because the one wire is a MOST Serial Data Bus circuit which is a a high speed multimedia network technology used in the automotive industry ([emoji3]copied from Wikipedia).

So this one wire between the steering wheel controls, cluster, and Radio, is responsible for that side of the communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dunph said:

I am about to do this. 2016 2500hd plow prep IO3. Got my denali cluster from wams, wheel and cluster installed (currently no button backlighting) , and an alpine restyle. Cant grasp how the one wire will make it work, but I also only installed the basics with the alpine. Just need the crimper and pin. ?  

I was sceptical aswell but it worked in my I03 truck. I figured it was a power wire or something. 

I get that. Thanks for all your help in the past by the way. You have been incredibly helpful! Still not sure how it's going to provide constant power to my steering wheel for the button lights. Also, I don't have an HMI unit I have the idata maestro and the Alpine. The Maestro will need to be pulled and reprogrammed now that I have the buttons. However, if there's no pin in that current hole, im not sure it will work. Mind you I'm not absolutely sure where the signal get sent out of the cluster to this radio if the other 5 wires aren't sending signal. The alpine plugs into the old among other things and may get data there

I just find it hard to believe that  it will provide constant power to the back lighting and be communication  to the cluster. Maybe the communication back from the cluster tells it to turn on? When you installed your Alpine, did you use the extra pigtail that goes in line? I'm going to inspect it tomorrow to see if I can tap into that

Well I got excited and thought I had the right terminals. They're a touch too big. Looks like shipping for these terminals is about 2 weeks from what I can see. I then decided to tear apart  some old electronics to try and find some . No luck. Anyone got a couple they can send me in the mail? I would happily shoot over some beer money

• 3 weeks later...

*** IO3/ Alpine restyle/ Denali cluster UPDATE ***

I received my Denali cluster again. It was acting up the first time. WAMS fixed it. I added the wire from the wheel to the cluster, and my issue with the steering wheel lights is solved. It was the communication. Next order of business is to reprogram the idata maestro. hopefully I wont need to add the other communication wires, or I can decipher how to run them directly to the maestro unit. The only issue I have, is that it says "Service power steering" every time I start the truck. A minor irritation, but I would like it sorted. Any ideas? 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone who originally had an IO3 and upgraded to IO5/IO6 with an MVI kit been able to add the cluster into the MOST circuit? I have a WAMS-programmed Denali cluster that works on its own and now talks with leather steering wheel after adding LINBUS wire. I’ve added the 5 new MOST wires IN/OUT of the cluster into every possible location between radio, HMI, and CD player but I cannot get it all to work. I have noticed that MVI’s harness kit changes the order of MOST circuit devices. Whereas the GM spec shows Radio->CD Player->HMI->Cluster->Radio the MVI kit is Radio->HMI->CD->Radio. Any help appreciated!