WT trim with Color DIC, Steering Wheel Controls, IO5 Stereo retrofit.

Yeah - I also think the MOST Bus circuits go from the steering wheel to the cluster, then from the cluster to the radio.

So if the cluster is out of the equation, that might be the missing link.

Of course, I’m just theorizing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and I think you are correct. Since information is shared between the audio and cluster each has to have the same send and receive capability.  I doubt the small screen has the ability to display the information given it's limited capabilities as is.

So...I need a new upgraded color DIC cluster for a 2015.5. Or a 2015i. According to WAMS it HAS to be from a 2015.5. A 2015 or a 2016 won't work. Any idea as to part numbers would be appreciated. I only have like 10 to choose from. Well.....9 really since I know the part number for my OEM.

And programming the color DIC costs more than the Denali cluster which has become unobtainable. Or goes for mega-bucks when it does go up for sale.

Hey All,

So i'm slightly confused as to all this talk about io3, io5, ioB ect, ect, ect.

I have a aftermarket

Kenwood Excelon DDX9904S

DVD receiver

What would this fall under?

I am trying to get the heated steering wheel and have stereo controls added to my steering wheel. I don't have any desire to change my cluster. (only because of the added cost)

I have a 2018 WT, I am understanding I can change the steering wheel and clock spring for about $400. 

Can someone tell me if I have the io3,4,5? and explain what they are and what that's means?

Thanks,

Danny V.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:14 PM, pgamboa said:

Yep. That's the exact part #. Found under Electrical/Air Bag Components. If I searched under "Steering Wheel", another discontinued, more expense clock spring comes up. I guess I'll take my chances with Part #23381964. Thanks for the affirmation of what part you have.

Are you able to confirm that the cheaper clock spring worked? #23381964.   Vs. the more expensive #23193462

Thanks,

Danny V.

• Like 1

Are you able to confirm that the cheaper clock spring worked? #23381964.   Vs. the more expensive #23193462
Thanks,
Danny V.

23381964 worked for me. I needed the clock spring that had the heated steering wheel button circuit.

I hate to buy a one time use tool and a box of connectors I'll never need again.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing, for a fee of course, to make up a few lengths of wire with the correct terminations? If I understand it correctly only one end needs to be terminated. The other is spliced onto existing wires. And I would need 5 pieces. 

Anybody???????

Edited by richamor
and in the FWIW category......mine is a 2015.5 truck. According to WAMS GM made some changes to the software and a 2015 DIC cluster will not work. The part number for mine is 23259637 (or 84054168).

I hate to buy a one time use tool and a box of connectors I'll never need again.

Is there anyone out there that would be willing, for a fee of course, to make up a few lengths of wire with the correct terminations? If I understand it correctly only one end needs to be terminated. The other is spliced onto existing wires. And I would need 5 pieces. 

Anybody???????
I don't have wires but I have the tool and terminals, if you send me the wiring then I can do them for you.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

That's an awesome offer man! I'll order some 24 AWG wire from Amazon and have it shipped to you. Please PM me an address and I'll get that done and send a little beverage funds. Thanks!! 

That's an awesome offer man! I'll order some 24 AWG wire from Amazon and have it shipped to you. Please PM me an address and I'll get that done and send a little beverage funds. Thanks!! 

I just sent you a PM, send extra wires So I can make 2 sets just incase something happens while in transit or while doing the install.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone try this keeping the IO4 radio? Gonna have to hold off on that upgrade for a while. WAMS has the cluster for programming and Jorge has made up my connecting wires (thanks again!!!!) so the cluster should be installed next week hopefully.

A pile of $$$ just to get the steering wheel audio controls working.

Edited by richamor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, richamor said:

Anyone try this keeping the IO4 radio? Gonna have to hold off on that upgrade for a while. WAMS has the cluster for programming and Jorge has made up my connecting wires (thanks again!!!!) so the cluster should be installed next week hopefully.

A pile of $$$ just to get the steering wheel audio controls working.

I'm not trying to keep IO4, I now have the IO5 and would like to swap wheel and cluster.

Can you give any detail on what you've done  how, and how it's worked out for you so far?

Thanks. 

Not a lot done at this point. Swapped the wheel....easy once you figure out how to release the air bag. Of course the audio controls don't work. 

Finally, after dozens of emails to WAMS, found the correct part number for my 2015.5 model. According to Chris there were some software changes made mid-year and a 2015 or 2016 cluster wouldn't work in my truck. My part number is  23259637  (replaced by 84054168).

Once I get it all together I'll update this as to whether the IO4 will work or not. It's a temporary situation if not. But if everything works like I want the small radio will stay. 

Not a lot done at this point. Swapped the wheel....easy once you figure out how to release the air bag. Of course the audio controls don't work. 
Finally, after dozens of emails to WAMS, found the correct part number for my 2015.5 model. According to Chris there were some software changes made mid-year and a 2015 or 2016 cluster wouldn't work in my truck. My part number is  23259637  (replaced by 84054168).
 Once I get it all together I'll update this as to whether the IO4 will work or not. It's a temporary situation if not. But if everything works like I want the small radio will stay. 

I’ve seen some reg cabs come with the steering wheel controls and the nicer cluster and still have the small radio so I don’t see why it shouldn’t work

Can someone post a pic of the clock spring harness plug as it's situated? Everything else is pretty clear but I'm not sure where that plug is located physically. Thanks in advance!

Steering wheel is on. Wires made up and ready. Cluster en route from WAMS. Getting closer.

Edited by richamor

Can someone post a pic of the clock spring harness plug as it's situated? Everything else is pretty clear but I'm not sure where that plug is located physically. Thanks in advance!

Steering wheel is on. Wires made up and ready. Cluster en route from WAMS. Getting closer.
Here's my video on it. Skip to 10 min and you will see which one.