In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Looking to install FireStik in place of stock antenna..any idea what k

I want to replace the stock antenna on my hood with a Firestik so I can simultaneously use it for AM/FM and CB by using a splitter. Originally I was just looking for the best spot to mount an antenna, but stumbled on the splitter which I had no idea existed, and I think having it in the stock antenna location would be awesome. Has anyone fiddled around in that area? Aside from unscrewing the stock antenna, I have no idea what kind of work I would have to do in order to get this to come together. I assume I'd have to remove the stock mount, is that a lot of work?

I tried searching a bunch but it was just coming up with normal antenna installs, nothing like what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Chris N
      Hello!

I have a Sierra Denali 2019 6.2L - I apologize for not knowing much as I got the truck from my brother and never owned a truck before in my life!

I would like to install two antennas on the rear stake pockets and bring the coaxial cables into the cabin. cables are 1/4 inch each. There is a also a small control cable for the tarheel antenna. I don't plan to connect the radios to the Car Batteries as I have separate batteries for radio use.

I would like to know if there are some sort of documentation or drawings that shows where I can check for the cable entry points to the cabin from the rear to bring these cables into the cabin and the precautions I need to do and best practices to seal the entry points to prevent dust and stuff.

any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks...

• By qc71
      Hi, I like to install two antennas in my 2019 Silverado Crew Cab I'm looking at no-drill mounts was looking at the  
      Valley Enterprises Fender Mount Antenna Bracket 3/4 Inch NMO for Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2019-2021  but wanted to ask if anyone found a coax cable route that does not require any drilling thru the firewall? any help would be Appreciated
    • By nichos
      Hi all. Long story short, I wired up my CB and dashcam to an open fuse in the drivers-side fuse block, and fried the whole thing. (Really!) Cost me a good bit to get it replaced.

The dealer said I was drawing too much to tap in to there, and I should go to the engine fuse block instead. I've tested all the open ones on my truck (an LT) and didn't find anything with power with the key on.

Does anyone know if any of the full ones are safe to pull? Or how are other doing it? Thanks in advance!

• By Erny415
      Hey guys, so I bought the dsx flex fuel kit so I can run E, but I CAN NOT find a single thread or video on how to install it, I usually don't do major work on my vehicles so maybe this will be too much for me and I can take it to a shop. But can someone who has done it try to explain? Pics as well please. I' m sure i'm not the only one who is having a hard time finding instructions on this. TIA!!!!
    • By Bthrelkeld06
      Any ideas where to run the coax cable and where to mount cb for the least amount of interior damage thank you for your suggestions