I just traded my 2014 Silverado in on a 2017 Silverado. The spoiler was a breeze to remove on my '14 Silverado but a lot more tricker on my mew '17 Silverado. I have yet to see anyone actually remove it. I have seen pictures where they have removed the lowest 1" piece but not up to the Bumper though. I removed the entire piece from the truck and cut around the Chrome insert since it is attached to the spoiler. Im happy with it and makes the front of the truck look taller and beefier.

I also haven't seen a 2017 Silverado with it removed. I have seen/know of a could guys who have clipped theirs to different lengths.

I thought with the new shape of the front end, it was going to be a little tougher to run it completely damless on the '17s silverado

You have the two piece with the "chrome" center piece. I'm wondering if it's different for the blacked out front end (like on the midnight edition)

Is there anything that still supports that center piece after the dam is removed?

They guys that clipped theirs used the crease that the factory nicely included for cutting a straight line across the front end.

Edited by soltys

There was a support bracket from the frame to the bottom of the black plastic spoiler that had to be removed. The chome piece after I cut away the black plastic went right back as it came off woth clips amd screws holding it. It is only about 5 inches and sturdy as is.

I removed it last night. Only two days old lol. Turned out taller and tougher.

Beforeattachicon.gifIMG_2703.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2703.JPG

Afterattachicon.gifIMG_2701.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2702.JPG

I considered doing this but just don't care for the air dam at all. I'm thinking of ordering the gm nudge bar. It's pretty badass even for 600

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I considered doing this but just don't care for the air dam at all. I'm thinking of ordering the gm nudge bar. It's pretty badass even for 600

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I hear ya. I spent about a hour and a half on this start to finish amd was free. Just depends on the look you want I reckon. I popped the whole air dam out amd then used a sawsall, a cutting wheel, metal shears, and a palm sander to smooth everything out. Was roughly 6-8inches of plastic taken away.

Not bad, it isn't reversible I take it? Would look better with the chrome piece blacked out, otherwise creative. It looks some what unfinished but does look a little tougher head on until you get to the side and see 22's; can't be tough and street...

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970

Wonder if this is the same for the Sierra. I'll have to poke at it this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Sierra is different. It's not tied into the center piece so it's much easier to remove for a clean look