"Chevy Shake" 2017

I have 20" wheels, 4dr short box, no 4wd and 8speed! At 99mph where it seems to stop gaining and it's barely even struggling at that speed it smooth as glass........Honestly it rides better on the hwy than most of my friends cars.

Thank you all for your replies. Feels like it does have a shake to it, but I'm coming from an Acura RDX that was smooth as could be. Think it's just in my head that this will ride as well, most likely not with the Z71 package. Wish there were a video of a Chevy without the shake, so I could see what's normal. Haha. I love the truck, just hope it's not a shaker.

Thanks again.

Edited by SilvgMc2017

Thank you all for your replies. Feels like it does have a shake to it, but I'm coming from an Acura RDX that was smooth as could be. Think it's just in my head that this will ride as well, most likely not with the Z71 package. Wish there were a video of a Chevy without the shake, so I could see what's normal. Haha. I love the truck, just hope it's not a shaker.

Thanks again.

My sierra is smoother than my wife's '15 rdx on the highway

Sierra is smooth as silk until you hit a bump

• Like 1

I have 20" wheels, 4dr short box, no 4wd and 8speed! At 99mph where it seems to stop gaining and it's barely even struggling at that speed it smooth as glass........Honestly it rides better on the hwy than most of my friends cars.

They ALL have a slight shake cuz its a TRUCK and at highway speed shakes a bit between 70 and 75. Some people are much more sensitive to it than others. I will have to say that my 2016 (8000 miles) is smoother than my 2014 was (61,000 miles when traded) I could never quite get the 2014 to lose the last bit of shake even with new Michelins and road force balancing. I think the 2016 will be Perfect when I swap over to Michelins at around 30,000 miles (factory 20' SRA's will be intolerable by then). There is an over 600 page thread on this site about it. The latest fad on the vibration thread is to true the driveshaft LOL. I might try that myself to see if I can make the 16 glass smooth if the new tires do not do that for me. Other than that very pleased check out the gas mileage. This is a 6.2 8spd truck............................................................. the average over 8000 miles is at 20.7 with a lot of city driving/idling and pulling a trailer at times. Great job GM.

post-127028-0-28094300-1476485477_thumb.jpg

Edited by MyFavTruck

Then Ram.

All kidding aside, do a thorough test drive. I personally believe the "chevy shake" is overstated. Seeing how many of these trucks they sell, statistically there will be some unhappy campers. On a forum it always seems there are more problems than happy owners be ause people inherently like to bitch, gripe and complain.

No Fords in this guy's future. Been there, done that. But thanks.

• Like 1

My 17 sierra slt shakes some days, is smooth other days. I cannot seem to find why it is not consistent.

Flatspotting of the tires would be my guess for your instance...mine does that, it will shake for a while after any time of sitting...if driven routinely, no shakes. Some tires are more susceptible than others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1