Display mode (day / night)

I believe I have a similar problem on my new '17 that I am currently in "discussions" about with my dealer.

You said "On radio display screen - under setting the display is set to day mode"

In my Infotainment manual, page 100, it says Settings -> Display -> Mode gets you to three choises: Mode, Calibrate Touchscreen and Turn Display Off. Is that what your display shows? Mine only shows two choices (Calibrate Touchscreen, and Turn Display Off) and always acts like it is in Auto mode. Please let me know if I understood your post correctly. I'm getting real tired of the display dimming every time I drive through a shadow. Thanks.

You might want to double check on the 1500 forum as I don't believe anyone here has a '17 HD yet. Assuming software is slightly different.

You might want to double check on the 1500 forum as I don't believe anyone here has a '17 HD yet. Assuming software is slightly different.

A reasonable suggestion, but I have already had the dealer check two other '17 1500's equipped like mine and they exhibit the same problem, so the problem is systemic to at least those trucks. I was trying to see just how wide spread (model, year, radio) the problem was. Would you mine telling me which infotainment system you have (7"/8", Nav/No Nav) and if you can control the brightness mode (Auto, Day, Night) of it? Thanks

A reasonable suggestion, but I have already had the dealer check two other '17 1500's equipped like mine and they exhibit the same problem, so the problem is systemic to at least those trucks. I was trying to see just how wide spread (model, year, radio) the problem was. Would you mine telling me which infotainment system you have (7"/8", Nav/No Nav) and if you can control the brightness mode (Auto, Day, Night) of it? Thanks

My '16 is the same as yours, calibrate and off as my only available settings.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All if this has been done before I posted. None of it works and the dealer can not duplicate the problem. They say it must be the software and needs reprogramming. Go figure. It is irriating for the radio and the dash to just go dim during daylight. I will eventually go back to the daylight settings but it takes some time. GMC needs to address the problem.

Dealer could duplicate problem on their vehicles, but . . . GM final resolution: Miss-printed manual, working as designed. :bs:

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had the issue where under display settings where the two options :

1) calibrate screen

2) display off

You select the off option and the screen turns off but comes back on after 15 or 20 seconds. I like to be able to turn the display off while driving at night but for whatever reason its not staying off... 

I do turn down the dash dimmer as much as possible since it greatly improves the night time visibility (when away from town lights)

I wish it could be turned down further.

(my recollection from 'back in the day' was that the dash lights could be turned off completely if desired)

My other pet peeve is that with it set the way I want for rural night time driving, it won't be bright enough for daylight.

It should be smart enough to save as setting for when in daylight mode and a separate one for when it is in night mode.

I also would like to be able to turn down the backlight on the steering wheel controls.