WOW even the 2016-17 oem HID/LED headlights are rated poor/marginal

The Sierra's are "acceptable" according to them. I think my LED headlights are leaps and bounds better than my 14 and am pretty happy with them. But why did the Sierra get "acceptable" and the Silverado got "poor"? Do they not use the same type of projector and LED bulb?

This is the first time I've had HID headlights in a vehicle.But my 2017 Silverado headlights seem awesome to me. I was worried about it after hearing some complaints about this on the '15 models but honestly I think there great; and I do a lot of night driving, more than an hour in the summer months and over 2 hours in the winter months.

I hate every car I have driven with projector beams. I preferred my old sierra's reflector head lights. More light is spread to the sides and my old truck with halogens threw the light out farther in front. Even with HID in my projectors they still suck.

• Like 2

I hate every car I have driven with projector beams. I preferred my old sierra's reflector head lights. More light is spread to the sides and my old truck with halogens threw the light out farther in front. Even with HID in my projectors they still suck.

This, never understood it. My reflector housings are great, they just don't throw out a "hyper white" color but it goes far and wide (don't get me started on the brights, they rock). Not to mention they look better on a truck with the bigger lights. These tiny projectors and small headlights look silly on trucks, that and they cost an arm and a leg to fix/replace if something happens. My LT, $30 bulb and maybe $150ish for a housing? What's the cost on the new headlights? The Escalade's were hundreds of dollars for the bulb and somewhere around a thousand give or take for the headlight housing.

Tyler

• Like 2

The polls are rigged!!! I'm sure that Ford and Toyota trucks have the worst headlights around...But GM no way!!! Tell em guys :thumbs:

Did you read the article...? Ford's new LED were the worst of the full size truck group tested.

The headlights on the truck in my signature are "Night and Day" better than the ones that were on my last 2 Dodge/Cummins trucks. The only thing that's hard to get used to is the "HARD" line there is on the low beams between where the light goes and doesn't go.