WOW even the 2016-17 oem HID/LED headlights are rated poor/marginal

I hate every car I have driven with projector beams. I preferred my old sierra's reflector head lights. More light is spread to the sides and my old truck with halogens threw the light out farther in front. Even with HID in my projectors they still suck.

Agreed! I came from a Mustang with stock HIDs and my 2015 LT projectors put out just as much light, if not more than the HIDS. I think the high beams are wayyy better on the Silverado.

Best headlights I've ever used were in my moms 1995 Chevy Lumina. The stock headlights on my 15 Sierra were so bad I actually got "nervous" driving on a dark windy road in deer country by my parents house. I just put in some aftermarket LED bulbs and although I haven't driven anywhere really dark yet, the only difference I've noticed instead of shitty yellow lights I have shitty white/bluish lights. I remember in my exes '04 A4 it had projector HID low beams but used normal non-projector halogen high beams. Something like this setup is probably the best you can get if you want to be able to see more than just your lane.

Edited by novembervictor

I was told by GM rep that the problems(at least on the 14's} was due to using a projector style housing with a non projector bulb. I remember someone on here stating that their dealer upgraded the 14 to 16 and was much better....it was some deal they worked out. I dont believe anyone else had that opportunity

My '14 Sierra was terrible so I ordered LED bulb replacements which helped considerably. I still wasn't happy with the lighting, the 308 ratio was a disappointment (my own fault for buying) and the frame was rusting badly so I traded on a '16 Silverado High Country and the lights are awesome, to the point I get several high beam flashes from oncoming traffic, and the 342 rear is much more to my liking. Oh, and the frame has a really good coating of the wax this time around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Until the federal DOT is revamped and changes the 60+ year old light standard they are using, consumers will continue to have crappy lights. Europeans have used way brighter lights for decades, heck some of the German companies have been using laser lights for years now.

Coming from a 2014 SIerra to my '16 Silverado LT w/ HID's I thought the Chevy was light years ahead of the Sierra.... I'd love to see what this survey finds to be awesome lights cause my current trunk is the best I've never experienced personally.

Look both my 14 and 16 have had their issues. Clunking , radio ,seat movement and a slew of other small stuff. But you won't get a complaint from me on my 16 Denali led..bright and seems like great output

Edited by f8l vnm
  • Like 1

It would be nice to have more distance, but my '17 Sierra is worlds better than my '11 Yukon Denali XL were..........they truly were horrible!

There are two white plastic screws just behind at the top of the headlights that you can adjust your headlights with. It takes a Phillips screwdriver and 5 minutes of your time. Careful though, too high will cause your lights to shine directly into the windshield of on coming cars. It's a fine line between too high and too low.

There are two white plastic screws just behind at the top of the headlights that you can adjust your headlights with. It takes a Phillips screwdriver and 5 minutes of your time. Careful though, too high will cause your lights to shine directly into the windshield of on coming cars. It's a fine line between too high and too low.

road tested last night allen wrench in hand lol

left side was 1/2 turn lower than right, both ended up 1/2 turn higher than that.

yes very sensitive cut off line

prob have to lower them back down towing

• Like 1

I don't understand how the Sierra's were rated better than the Silverados...

Don't they share the same LED bulb, just different housings?

So it would just be the difference between the projectors and lenses?

They have a larger reflective base. The thin base lights work but it cuts the overall output on the out side edges.

They basically create more shadows.

The testing they do looks more at how they reflect around corners and over hills so the shadows cause the silverado to get a lower score.

I know my 2016 lights are way way better than the 2014's. I can see into the bottom if the ditches on both sides of the road. I was lucky to see the edge of the road in the 2014.