Got a new 2017? Angry about the features GM Deleted? We've got you

As the 2017's are starting to become more common we are seeing more and more owners comment on the fact that GM deleted some their favorite features. The big one is the ability to play video at ALL from USB regardless of vehicle state; in fact if you have ANY 2017 GM Vehicle that uses the "Next Gen" HMI based system this ability is gone. Gone also is the Pandora application which apparently many of you used in lieu of Car Play or Android Auto. GM did add one feature however which is finally the release of the new "App Shop".... which has... three.. yes three apps in it. Onstar at Your Service, Glympse and the Weather Channel.

The good news is we've addressed all of these concerns and the solution is now available for purchase!

Thats right the new 2017 spec version of our famous HMI unlock now includes adding video playing BACK into the HMI in park AND in motion as well as additional video formats. It also includes the Pandora application as well just in case its something you liked to use and as always the rest of the HMI motion locks are removed as usual, navigation, configuration, etc etc now with the addition of App Shop in motion!

Please contact Anthony via text to place your order as supplies for the 2017 unit are VERY limited.

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 3

I know you have been around a long time including the LS and GTO forums, but is adding video play while in motion a good idea? What do you think might happen if a bad enough wreck happens and they find out the driver was watching a video and they find out who unlocked it from the factory locked setting? Liabilities could fall on you, similar in the way a bar being fined for a drunk driver. Would hate to see you lose your services that many look to unlocking or utilizing, not to mention just those others on the road not having more distractions available to an already horribly distracted society...

Tyler

I get where you're coming from, but its mostly for the passengers and little ones in the back seats. You can be watching a video on your phone just as easily.

It's like a gun - you assume the RESPONSIBILITY when you purchase it. Use common sense and there shouldn't be any problems.

• Like 4

Can the 2016s get the app shop? Can those features be added?

App shop is completely useless at this point, when it actually has more than 3 apps in it that actually do something I'll look at porting it. Until then to be completely frank its a complete waste of time.

• Like 3

I get where you're coming from, but its mostly for the passengers and little ones in the back seats. You can be watching a video on your phone just as easily.

It's like a gun - you assume the RESPONSIBILITY when you purchase it. Use common sense and there shouldn't be any problems.

Exactly. This is for the people who have GM vehicles that don't have the option of or didn't get Rear Seat Entertainment; this isnt for the driver by any stretch! Lots of GM vehicles have eliminated the option of RSE, even the new acadia doesnt have it as an option currently!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

And requires a data connection/data plan etc

I think you can use you phone as the data connection. So if you don't want to pay for the XM weather app, the weather channel one is a good alternative

I think you can use you phone as the data connection. So if you don't want to pay for the XM weather app, the weather channel one is a good alternative

If you've got hotspot functionality you sure can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is it possible to get the 2017 nav upgrade for a 2016 that doesn't have the nav? I wouldn't mind the app shop , I would assume they will add more apps sooner than later?

It may be possible when supply is available however there will be more work to be done as GM switched every 2017 vehicle with the exception of cadillac to the Chevy color/theme. Honestly I dont have much hope for more apps I mean they touted it for YEARS and went back on it several times only to have it launch with 3 meager apps. My gut feel is that launching with so few applications is a sign of things to come but I sincerely hope I'm wrong!

Sure would like to get this done on my new 2017. Who is Anthony, what is his number?

Thats right the new 2017 spec version of our famous HMI unlock now includes adding video playing BACK into the HMI in park AND in motion as well as additional video formats.

Does this mean I just put a dvd in the slot and it will play on the radio, or how will I be able to play dvd's?

Edited by 6.2Midnight