Got a new 2017? Angry about the features GM Deleted? We've got you

Anthony at mvi www.gm-navigation.com you will be able to play videos from USB. Unless of course you already have Rear Seat Entertainment and then yes you'll be able to play them from the front.

Edited by GTPprix

Ok, just had my new GM full size towing mirrors installed today, along with the three way cameras in the mirrors. Will there be any conflict with any of this working together? I had it all done at the dealership, with GM parts.

Edited by 6.2Midnight

Hey Chris you guys hear anything about the recent rash of GM HMI modules that are crashing for no reason? I am on the 4th one and it isn't even 1 day old and already showing signs of crashing as well. GM said some sort of update should be out Q1 of 2017, dealer has called TAC but that has got us no where. Seen several cases on the 6th gen Camaro forum as well.

Hey Chris you guys hear anything about the recent rash of GM HMI modules that are crashing for no reason? I am on the 4th one and it isn't even 1 day old and already showing signs of crashing as well. GM said some sort of update should be out Q1 of 2017, dealer has called TAC but that has got us no where. Seen several cases on the 6th gen Camaro forum as well.

Only repetitive issues I've seen have been with certain android phones connected, past that nothing to the level you are describing! I'd almost guess you have a problem with something else on the MOST bus more than likely the radio screwing with the HMI. I can count on one hand how many bad HMI's i've seen since 2013 LOL

Edited by GTPprix

• 1 month later...

Only repetitive issues I've seen have been with certain android phones connected, past that nothing to the level you are describing! I'd almost guess you have a problem with something else on the MOST bus more than likely the radio screwing with the HMI. I can count on one hand how many bad HMI's i've seen since 2013 LOL

It's a pain how the MOST bus runs to so many modules and if you're having an issue with one or even a connection issue things just don't work. If you're on you're 4th it's probably a connection issue.

Can you post done details about these?

This programming allows for your vehicle to not only play video from USB while stationary but also video in motion. This is a great alternative for those who didn't get rear seat entertainment. This also adds the native pandora application back in as well as removing the HMI controlled motion locks such as vehicle configuration, navigation address entry etc. It also allows for viewing of the rear view camera in motion as well as the ability to wire in a front camera as well.

All of this on the OEM hardware no ghetto aftermarket junk to contend with.

It's a pain how the MOST bus runs to so many modules and if you're having an issue with one or even a connection issue things just don't work. If you're on you're 4th it's probably a connection issue.

That was my guess as well I was thinking bad radio crashing the bus.

• Like 1

The time is coming fast when vehicles will be self driving and one can watch movies, chat on the phone,work on the computer or do whatever but drive. Things will be wonderful..... but I'm not a fan just sayin!

Edited by 2SS/RSD

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is WAY off topic, but Chris, were you a regular on the ClupGP forum back in the day? I swear I remember a Chris White on theres, and your user name just reinforces my hunch.

Indeed it is I! :) Member like 435 or something lol

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 12/2/2016 at 12:31 PM, GTPprix said:

Anthony at mvi www.gm-navigation.com you will be able to play videos from USB. Unless of course you already have Rear Seat Entertainment and then yes you'll be able to play them from the front.

I just picked up a 17 Sierra Denali last week.  I see your kit that starts at $849 with dvd/blu-ray playback.  Is it possible to just have the HMI reprogrammed and in-motion bypassed and add the dvd disc player later on or would it have to be reprogrammed again after the disc player is installed?  It would be nice to be able to watch videos loaded to a usb drive but would possibly want to add dvd and blu-ray capability later on.  Also, what is the price for reprogramming to add video and Pandora apps and in-motion bypass without adding the video disc drive?