Show your high mileage on 2014+ 1500 Silverado/Sierra

Definitely over 100k. Closing in on 114k now. I got it tuned back in September. I've also had my fair share of issues with my truck. At 105k the condenser sprung a leak at that same weld everyone else has had leak. Then just last month, my AC compressor went out and blew a quarter size hole out the side of it. So not only did I replace the AC compressor, but I had to change out the condenser again to make sure there was no shrapnel in the system. 

Other than the AC issues, the truck has been solid. Changed spark plugs and wires at 100k. Front and rear diffs had fluid changed and now I'm just waiting for my brakes to make one squeak and then I'm putting on powerstop z36 rotors and brakes for the front and back. I have them sitting in a box in my garage. 
Are you running a catch can?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

2014 Silverado 4.3L with 131k on the dash. Bought it around oct 2016 with 45k. Left it bone stock up until about 5k ago. The only maintenance that I have done is oil changes really, around 70k had 2 injectors go the dealer blamed it on (bad gas) but they don’t know shit considering they can’t tighten a jam nut during alignment lol Js and about 15 miles after the injector fix I got an engine light and they said it was a bad cat. So I never got It fixed still runs fine. About 5k ago got a intune i3 turner on a whim, and made my own intake, and it woke up big time. also put a 2inch lvl kit on. No catch can but I just got one and will be putting it on soon. Came across this thread while on the hunt for fluids to replace and other maintenance I should do? All suggestions are welcome my ears are open

2014 Sierra 6.2 with 107k here and only big repairs have been the AC condenser from the weld and the starter. Seafoam at 100k and regular oil and air filter changes since then. Planning on a day to do diff, tranny, and brake fluids; changing the spark plugs and checking the wires should be all until 112.500.

Edited by Loc Nguyen

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:50 AM, Ozer said:

lol unless you have over 100k, i dont consider these miles as high.

Come on.. 24k miles on a 2014? Drive your trucks people :)

116k on my 14 SLT and climbing quickly.

Amen !

My buddy's 14 Silverado 5.3  101,000 just last week. Bone stock no catch can no tune. He does nothing but change the oil 1 time a year. Hell he never had an A/C issue. Oh yeah new breaks about 99,000. Hope my 15 hold up as good as his has.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, batman900 said:

Also curious to this ^^^ and as to how many have had AFM working the whole time.

2016 SLT 75,000 AFM working with no intention of disabling it.  AC compressor seized is only thing that has troubled me.

10K Oil Intervals.

Edited by mookdoc6

6 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Seems to be so much emphasis on a catch can and afm delete.

To each their own but some of these posts prove it is not a necessity.

After working on 1000s of diesels I have noticed oil changes affect engines more than anything. You can tell who does them when you pull off the first rod cap.

• Like 2