Ticking sound from driver foot well when accelerating? 2016 5.3l 8sp

What was the deal with the steering shaft?

Was it making noise when you turn the wheel?

Just curious.

Yes it was, it was not the loud steering rack sound people complain about after a level though. I found out it's a plug making the sound down there, so the shaft was replaced for nothing but it's all good. I'm just glad the rattlesnake sound is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What plug was it and I'll see if the dealer or I will replace it? Maybe my rattlesnake will die too.

I'll try today, but it's not the plug making that sound or steering shaft, at least I really don't think so

I'm having this noise now as well.

It's 100% exhaust related. Mine only happens under load. I suspect manifold gasket or other exhaust flanges. Not to mention the GD exhaust valve already whistles.

They better do something about this one.

I'm having this noise now as well.

It's 100% exhaust related. Mine only happens under load. I suspect manifold gasket or other exhaust flanges. Not to mention the GD exhaust valve already whistles.

They better do something about this one.

It's exhaust related. Tap on your driver side cat with a rubber mallet or your closed hand, I had the noise 100 percent of the time and after I did that it's been gone for a week. I think there could be something that broke off inside the cat rattling around until I knocked it loose

It's exhaust related. Tap on your driver side cat with a rubber mallet or your closed hand, I had the noise 100 percent of the time and after I did that it's been gone for a week. I think there could be something that broke off inside the cat rattling around until I knocked it loose

ahahahah this doesn't seem like a legit TSB

ahahahah this doesn't seem like a legit TSB[/quote

They have no tsb for it, we looked along the entire exhaust and it was spotless, all I did was knock on that cat and the next time I drove it it was gone

ahahahah this doesn't seem like a legit TSB[/quote

They have no tsb for it, we looked along the entire exhaust and it was spotless, all I did was knock on that cat and the next time I drove it it was gone

meh i''l give it a shot. I got a black widow exhaust waiting to go on... I'd like to clear it up before I go cutting because you can be guaranteed that GM wont do a thing for me with an exhaust on it.

Did you ever figure out what plug they replaced with the steering shaft? I'm starting to wonder if it does have something to do with it. Mine was making some loud high pitched noises yesterday in park just moving the steering wheel back in forth and sometimes when I turn to go around a corner the rattle will go away until I hit a bump in the road then it comes back. It gets extra loud on interstate after hitting a good sized bump until I stop and turn. Just curious what yours did and if it had any of those characteristics?

Did you ever figure out what plug they replaced with the steering shaft? I'm starting to wonder if it does have something to do with it. Mine was making some loud high pitched noises yesterday in park just moving the steering wheel back in forth and sometimes when I turn to go around a corner the rattle will go away until I hit a bump in the road then it comes back. It gets extra loud on interstate after hitting a good sized bump until I stop and turn. Just curious what yours did and if it had any of those characteristics?

It's called the steering wheel angle sensor, located right at the bottom of the steering column above the pedals. That got replaced and it's silent, truck makes no annoying sounds whatsoever. I actually get to enjoy the truck now. I would recommend trying to tap on your driver cat a bit and see if it changes, I think that is the source of the noise. The steering sensor would make clicking kind of noises when I barely moved the wheel about an inch to the left and back

Was it still making the rattle after the steering shaft/sensor was replaced and then you hit the cat? Thanks for the help I'm about to go insane with this thing.

No, I tapped on the cat and the sensor got replaced and when I picked it up it was gone