Qwank's 2017 Regular Cab Z71 build

qwank

9 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Okay those wont work with 17" wheels. What's the minimum wheel diameter to clear them? 

20'' wheels are the  smallest wheel they will clear.  I'm going to have some low mileage stock z71 18's for sale soon.   

• 2 weeks later...

4,100 miles

Nothing really too exciting going on right now with it except I painted my rear calipers red for now until I do the rear brakes.  

I also installed some bicycle tire inner tubes between my leaf springs because they were starting to squeak already.  

I did get my brackets in that will allow me to run C6 Z06 rear calipers on the back.  They are made to bolt on to 14'' rotors.  Our stock rotors are 13.6''.  I really don't want to spend $500 for a pair of 14'' rotors.  I also really don't want to run those PBR Z06 brakes with the individual brake pads for each piston.  

Here's what I'm thinking:

The Corvette Z06 rotor is 13.4''. The brackets move the caliper out 0.6'' to fit a 14'' rotor.  

The Corvette Z51 rotor is 13.0" Wilwood sells a direct fit 4 piston caliper for Z51 that uses the stock rotors.  I should be able to  use the Wilwood caliper with these adapter brackets and they should perfectly fit the stock 13.6'' rotor since it moves the mounting points out 0.6''  

So that's my plan.  I probably won't do it until the spring/summer.  So for now the rears are painted. 

Here's the brackets. Some guy over on the Silverado SS forum used to make them.  I wanted to make sure I grabbed some before he ran out:

z06brackets.thumb.jpg.2d7b7ec8317f1e606a7b7537b46f403e.jpg

Here's the Wilwood Calipers I plan on using. the mounting set up should also allow me to shim them out a little if I need to:

wilwoodz51calipers.jpg.106854941664d1a9b3e786e73b84bdf9.jpg

And here's my rear brakes as of right now:

redrearcaliper.thumb.jpg.330e65a452fe7975cc52d1c58d2dc994.jpg

Edited by qwank

4,100 miles

Nothing really too exciting going on right now with it except I painted my rear calipers red for now until I do the rear brakes.  

I also installed some bicycle tire inner tubes between my leaf springs because they were starting to squeak already.  

I did get my brackets in that will allow me to run C6 Z06 rear calipers on the back.  They are made to bolt on to 14'' rotors.  Our stock rotors are 13.6''.  I really don't want to spend $500 for a pair of 14'' rotors.  I also really don't want to run those PBR Z06 brakes with the individual brake pads for each piston.  

Here's what I'm thinking:
The Corvette Z06 rotor is 13.4''. The brackets move the caliper out 0.6'' to fit a 14'' rotor.  
The Corvette Z51 rotor is 13.0" Wilwood sells a direct fit 4 piston caliper for Z51 that uses the stock rotors.  I should be able to  use the Wilwood caliper with these adapter brackets and they should perfectly fit the stock 13.6'' rotor since it moves the mounting points out 0.6''  

So that's my plan.  I probably won't do it until the spring/summer.  So for now the rears are painted. 

Here's the brackets. Some guy over on the Silverado SS forum used to make them.  I wanted to make sure I grabbed some before he ran out:

z06brackets.thumb.jpg.2d7b7ec8317f1e606a7b7537b46f403e.jpg

Here's the Wilwood Calipers I plan on using. the mounting set up should also allow me to shim them out a little if I need to:

wilwoodz51calipers.jpg.106854941664d1a9b3e786e73b84bdf9.jpg

And here's my rear brakes as of right now:

redrearcaliper.thumb.jpg.330e65a452fe7975cc52d1c58d2dc994.jpg

Do you have any picture on where you put the bike tube?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

Do you have any picture on where you put the bike tube?

I'll snap one tomorrow. I just put them between the two long leafs. Used a screw driver to spread them open with the wheels off the ground and slid them in.  I bought two 20'' tubes and cut them in half. 4 pieces total.  

I'll snap one tomorrow. I just put them between the two long leafs. Used a screw driver to spread them open with the wheels off the ground and slid them in.  I bought two 20'' tubes and cut them in half. 4 pieces total.  
Thanks I need to do the tubes on my dad's truck. It sounds like a 10 year old the way it squeaks.

• Like 1

4,347 miles.

It rained for a little bit today while I had the truck at work, But I had some nasty trash to throw away and I didn't want to stink out my Blazer.  Snapped a pic with the red calipers when I brought it into the shop to adjust the tire pressures and have a small scratch buffed out.  

redcaliperstruck.thumb.jpg.3e649cfff0a37dbb105c320cc6bca3eb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, qwank said:

I found someone local to me who wanted to trade my stock 18''' Z71 wheels and tires for these 20'' wheels with 305/50R20 Nitto 420s.  

20s.1.thumb.jpg.7fa5a74a53c1d7d771c51961ab447bef.jpg

My favorite gm wheel (in polished though)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nasty said:

I like the polished ones too, but I'm surprised I found someone so close who wanted to trade so I'm not complaining. These should be good track wheels. 

Just now, qwank said:

I like the polished ones too, but I'm surprised I found someone so close who wanted to trade so I'm not complaining. These should be good track wheels. 

Those would be good daily wheels.  (Im not a big wheel guy. thats why) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nasty said:

Me too. The second I saw the K2s for the first time I had to have one. Once I found these wheels I had to have them on my K2

F73jNmw.jpg

Diggin the rig qwank. You've done an excellent job dude

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got bored today so I stuffed the boost gauge in the trailer brake spot. Trailer brake switch is now plugged in behind the dash otherwise a warning  will come up on the dash. 

Boostgauge.thumb.jpg.4575ca9e4610467e457674b01618d964.jpg

Edited by qwank