Qwank's 2017 Regular Cab Z71 build

qwank

2 hours ago, Nasty said:

Old post but i just deaneded anddid ensolite on the rear wall.  How did you attatch the mlv to the ensolite? Mlv is the last thing i need and the rear wall is done

That's  the factory MLV and I just have it attached with the factory fasteners.  

4 minutes ago, qwank said:

That's  the factory MLV and I just have it attached with the factory fasteners.  

Ahh i see now. You just cut around the box.  I carefully tore mine out because i couldnt figure out how to get the b pillar plastics off. 

Just now, Nasty said:

Ahh i see now. You just cut around the box.  I carefully tore mine out because i couldnt figure out how to get the b pillar plastics off. 

Yeah, I had to cut around the box otherwise the console wouldn't flip up.  Not ideal but it works.  

The B pillars are a pain in the ass. they are basically the last piece to come out, and first to go back in.  

do you have the whole interior gutted like mine was? 

1 minute ago, qwank said:

Yeah, I had to cut around the box otherwise the console wouldn't flip up.  Not ideal but it works.  

The B pillars are a pain in the ass. they are basically the last piece to come out, and first to go back in.  

do you have the whole interior gutted like mine was? 

No its back in now. Im not going full retard like you did with the deadener (i dont mean tbat in a bad way ?)  because cld only needs 25% coverage or so

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

No its back in now. Im not going full retard like you did with the deadener (i dont mean tbat in a bad way ?)  because cld only needs 25% coverage or so

Haha yup.  I don't even consider mine full retard compared to others I've seen.  I still need MLV under my carpets and in my doors.  I'll Probably do the Doors next time I pull the panels off.  

Haha yup.  I don't even consider mine full retard compared to others I've seen.  I still need MLV under my carpets and in my doors.  I'll Probably do the Doors next time I pull the panels off.  

Im not adding on the doors. If youve dealt with chevys like i have which im sure you have. Tbey have weak door pins.  All that extra weight screws them up

• Haha 1

Just now, Nasty said:

Im not adding on the doors. If youve dealt with chevys like i have which im sure you have. Tbey have weak door pins.  All that extra weight screws them up

Hahaha this is true.  

For the ensolite I just cut a piece the size of the door and stuck it to the inside of the panel.  I didn't want it on the door skin itself because I know I'll be in there every once and a while fixing and adding shit 

Hahaha this is true.  

For the ensolite I just cut a piece the size of the door and stuck it to the inside of the panel.  I didn't want it on the door skin itself because I know I'll be in there every once and a while fixing and adding shit 

Ensolite is really only a decoupler.    I am just using it because i have a shit ton   im sealing the holes in my door with abs plastic and nut serts so i can pull them if i have to get in the door while the skin is 100% covered with enso

• Like 1

So  I woke up this morning with the intention of installing my supercharger. I get the heat exchanger in first since that's the hardest part.  I was able to remove the radiator bolts and push it towards the engine and slide hte HE in between the core support and condenser, instead of tearing the whole nose off like SLP wants you to.  

heatexchanger1.thumb.jpg.e5b8383a27c1cc1b03fcef73224d9558.jpgheatexchanger2.thumb.jpg.9d1e9b912a3bf0b3167dcb41c1f6b980.jpg

Next was remove the intake and install the lower intake, here's where I had my issue.  The lower intake was cracked around the seal for the #7 runner.  That will never seal up properly so I'm going to have to exchange it.  Day ruined.  I did get everything else installed though, so when my new intake manifold comes in, I'll just have to bolt it on with the blower and hook up the cooling lines and stuff. 

Broken intake:

5c28007384c3b_damagedintake.thumb.jpg.f6e3ea8632a2060bf029ee5cd15db862.jpg

And here's where I left off:

enginepic1.thumb.jpg.72870be2d61660a2e8c2af16e96e1f6a.jpg

Edited by qwank
  • Like 1

What does tbis job entail besides basically putting the the unit itself in place of the intake manifild and mounting the condensor? Im not a motor guy but when i do mine i might do it myself if its easy enough

6 minutes ago, Nasty said:

What does tbis job entail besides basically putting the the unit itself in place of the intake manifild and mounting the condensor? Im not a motor guy but when i do mine i might do it myself if its easy enough

Besides that it's just running the hoses for the heat exchanger, the coolant pump and wiring, and this one came with an intake. I would have been done in about 6 hours if I had everything. I'll post some more pics when I get home later.   

If you can do suspension, you Can do this easily. ? 

Edited by qwank

Besides that it's just running the hoses for the heat exchanger, the coolant pump and wiring, and this one came with an intake. I would have been done in about 6 hours if I had everything. I'll post some more pics when I get home later.   

If you can do suspension, you Can do this easily. ? 

I was unaware of the wiring part

3 minutes ago, Nasty said:

I was unaware of the wiring part

It's all plug and play though, which was nice because on my G5 I had to make a wiring harness from scratch since I was doing a custom retrofit off another car

3 minutes ago, qwank said:

It's all plug and play though, which was nice because on my G5 I had to make a wiring harness from scratch since I was doing a custom retrofit off another car

Ahh. I can do it then and just have it towed the 20 miles to my tuner

• Like 1

Here's some more pics

you have to cut some clearance holes for the Heat exchanger hoses.  

heatexchanger3.thumb.jpg.340b583b359f129c51d9cc3beff80b58.jpg

heatexchanger4.thumb.jpg.0a92d6bd63f463901d845baa7e1c7be9.jpg

Here's the simple wiring for the heat exchanger pump.  There's a relay that bolts onto the Coolant bottle bracket.  

heatexhangerpumpwiring.thumb.jpg.9ff5b21e22383b5ef2689b80d7a408bf.jpg

fusebox.thumb.jpg.abee69ac23aeac5f09f5ae15c72bb8e5.jpg

heatexchangerpumpres.thumb.jpg.90e70312347a392321af12a337865d96.jpg