In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Chasenfins

No airbag deployment!!!

According to her (I don't drive that vehicle, I drive my Avalanche or Harley) no lights were on. And it ain't like you could honestly tell now cause half the harness for the two sensors in the lower cross member is destroyed from the wreck. But once again, the dealership last year said there were multiple faults prior to the engine locking up from a failed timing gear issue and no lights came on prior to it either. IDK... That vehicle was a piece of shit since day one and at this point ain't gonna stress it. Ain't like anybody is ever gonna get paid by GM unless someone is killed. That's just the way they do business.... New vehicle being delivered tonight from another Chevy dealership so moving on.

Hi Everyone,  I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox that a had a frontal collision in on December 6, 2018. Long story short, the lady in front of me changed her mind and decided not to go through with her merge. Stopped suddenly while I was checking to see if there was enough room to go. Bam! About a 20-25 mph impact.  No airbag, no call from Onstar and insurance company totaled my car!! Only 44,000 miles on my car. Now I have a car payment and I am pissed that GM would manufacture a vehicle that couldn't handle a low mph impact and not be a total loss! The last photo shows the crinkled piece that is the reason for the insurance decision. If the car was designed to crinkle like this at a low impact and create a total loss  this is my last Chevy. I just bought a Ford Flex.  See ya Chevy.

20181216_141935.jpg

20181216_141904.jpg

20181207_163920.jpg

Your ignition shut off on impact, preventing air bag deployment.
What?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Impact sensors don't need an impact. It's about rate of deceleration.
You are right brother.. Inertia trips the sensors, nothing else.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Assuming that there were no injuries or lawsuits, I would be very pleased if that happened to by vehicle. The insurance company blue books it, and I get a big payday. Then I would buy the vehicle back from the insurance company super cheap. If the airbags did not deploy, then the repair process would be very easy. You wind up with a salvage title, and a bunch of cash. 

Not everyone would do the same thing I would. Yes, there are drawbacks. 

A salvage title is not ideal. 

Not everyone would be able to fix that car. 

The vehicle would not be a safe as it was originally. 

Who knows, maybe the airbags are defective. 

Either way, I would still collect the cash and fix the rig. 

It was a lot of labor, but I bought this rig for $100, and spent $250 on parts fixing it: 

P.S. No airbag deployment on this rig either. 

10944999_795622947196296_5635327218210941342_o.jpg

11078004_795623030529621_1669368615390099860_o (1).jpg

10854455_795623107196280_948104514496033522_o.jpg

Edited by starman8tdc

That is the plan! But we used the cash to put a down payment on my new car.