Intake manifold swap?

So I am reading in this post, that it is possible to put a 6.2 intake manifold on my 2014 Silverado w/5.3 engine. Then add a throttle body from a old corvette motor and tune and I can gain some horsepower? Meanwhile the intake swap is simple bolt on? Wow, I am racking up good ideas for upgrades when I hit 100,000 miles.

2014 Chevy silverado Z71 DCSB w/Bilstein 5100 level

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Did anybody get any codes with this swap. I put the L86 intake and Katech ported LT1 throttle body. I get P0123, P0222 and P2119 with engine power reduced with just turning the key on. All connections are tight. If I plug the stock TB back in, no codes. Any ideas? I'm thinking something is just wrong with the TB TPS.

I suggest a Tony Mamo ported 6.2l TB.....Bad ASS piece!

RT

I've done some research but need to continue. I want to put the L86 intake manifold with an upgraded throttlebody. I've heard good things from the Jet Powr-Flo piece and found out that they do make one for the LT1/L86 motor found in the Camaro.

I want to know if the Jet Powr-Flo unit for the L86 is bigger than the one for the L83...

I've done some research but need to continue. I want to put the L86 intake manifold with an upgraded throttlebody. I've heard good things from the Jet Powr-Flo piece and found out that they do make one for the LT1/L86 motor found in the Camaro.

I want to know if the Jet Powr-Flo unit for the L86 is bigger than the one for the L83...

You're better off just swapping to the L86 manifold and the LT1 Throttle body. No need to upgrade to the Jet Power Flo

• Like 1

Jet porting is not even on the same level as a Mamo ported TB. I wouldn't waste my dollar on them.

You're better off just swapping to the L86 manifold and the LT1 Throttle body. No need to upgrade to the Jet Power Flo

Thinking about this but still under warranty -_-

Thinking about this but still under warranty -_-

No need to be concerned. You can do the swap and pick up a little "power" and acceleration without the tune, but also remember its factory parts so the dealer wouldn't know for warranty work on anything but the motor. Now when you tune it its a totally different situation. I plan to do the swap and then wait for tuning till I get Long Tubes

• Like 1

Jet porting is not even on the same level as a Mamo ported TB. I wouldn't waste my dollar on them.

I wouldnt waste my money on any porting for a stock motor. The 6.2 L86 tb is plenty big as is the intake manifold. for the price being under $250 for both its a no brainer not to. If youre building a motor then you should look into the MSD Atomic intake or a high rise intake. Stock L83 5.3 long block NA doesnt need anything bigger than the L86 intake manifold and tb

• Like 1