Wiring access harness.... (upfitter x7 connector)

I couldn't find any clean pre built harness to put in my duramax so I ordered the parts wholesale and built one. It's catching on in duramax forum and I'm selling them cheaper than gm sells the parts to assemble it. They come already built and I'll email which wires are what or label if needed. There's a whole thread on it in that forum if curious. I'll sell them $40 plus shipping. $45 with upfitter output and $60-$65 with an inadvertent power relay with output. Essentially it gives battery output that turns off after 20 min or before the load draws battery down. That would require tapping a wire to signal from the same connector this one plugs into.

This harness provided two battery outputs, two ignition accessory outputs and a ground. It's oem supplier parts. It's about $65 to buy the parts from gm and the wire they use is cheap and the connections aren't soldered like mine.

Any questions ask away.

cb14da5560c13282513e36c8dcd9ee25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LML upfitter harness build

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eduramaxforum%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D865529&share_tid=865529&share_fid=90745&share_type=t

That's the link. Moderators...if this is a violation please delete and I'll cut and paste info when I have time.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in this. I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with the 6.2L engine. So this would basically plug into the block in the driver's footwell and give me both switched (RAP) and constant power and ground, correct? I need about two 15A circuits. Where is this fused?

• Like 1

So the upfitter option is great, it's 4 wires from factory slotted relays.

The big problem is that most trucks don't have the wires in the harness, which takes extensive work to accomplish.

Of the trucks I tested, none had the wires to utilize it. Essentially the option is 4 more wires in the connector which statistically are not plug and play.

There's an rpo code that will show if you have them or not, but from my research, if the truck has the wires, it's already set up with aux switches.

For most people, the benefit of this harness is 2 battery sources, two accessory sources and a ground all in one neat, reliable plug n play harness.

These sources are fused under the hood and I think one was in the passenger door fuse block. I will look into specific fuse numbers and publish. Also, I will provide any support needed for anyone that has one of my harnesses.

I am interested in this. I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with the 6.2L engine. So this would basically plug into the block in the driver's footwell and give me both switched (RAP) and constant power and ground, correct? I need about two 15A circuits. Where is this fused?

To be clear, the upfitter package hasn't worked without a ton of additional wiring so I don't reply send those wires now. I'm happy to provide them to anyone but I forgot I had them posted for $40 without.

Essentially I'm selling the harness for $45 and it won't let me edit the post.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/3/2017 at 8:07 PM, iamdanieltuck said:

To be clear, the upfitter package hasn't worked without a ton of additional wiring so I don't reply send those wires now. I'm happy to provide them to anyone but I forgot I had them posted for $40 without.

Essentially I'm selling the harness for $45 and it won't let me edit the post.

Can this harness give me positives or grounds with the oem aux1,2,3,4 option for my 15 sierra

• 5 months later...

Are the upfitter x7 connector still available?  Please let me know how to order the 5 wire version from you.

i would like to have the information as to which fuses service each wire.

This connector is a good way of bringing battery power into the cab without putting holes in the firewall. Does anyone know of a similar connector that can be used for passing a wire from the cab through the firewall? Example: I want to use power from the x7 connector to a switch, then from the switch to the front of the truck to power a light bar.