In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
4wdriver

made offer on new truck

Going in the morning to finalize the deal on a new 2500hd cc LT midnight edition.this will be a big change from my 2002 hd ex-cab.Any advice on things to look at or for when i pick it up or even conditions to notice that others have experienced from new? The deals seem to good to ignore when your truck could use replacing.

Always worth a shot to try and get mudflaps installed or a free bedliner.

Just make sure you drive it around some, get on the highway (65+) for several miles. After that, take it home and enjoy it!

• Like 2

Just look it over with a fine tooth comb inside and out. If it that turns out good and it drives good you're good to go.

has anyone noticed a problem on a new hd test drive?Whats the deal with the steering problems in the one thread isolated or common?My current truck has been so good i dont want any problems out of a new truck with a payment.

has anyone noticed a problem on a new hd test drive?Whats the deal with the steering problems in the one thread isolated or common?My current truck has been so good i dont want any problems out of a new truck with a payment.

Nothing more than a few isolated issues, no more than other brands.

Make darn sure you don't buy a vibrator.

Pretty much a non-event for HD trucks.

Pretty much a non-event for HD trucks.

Did you forget about frame beaming, or did they fix that since 2012?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Would I feel this vibration on a test drive or does it start later on?Another thought are there any traps at the dealer to look out for besides the most obvious ones.

Based on posts around here, doesn't seem to be an issue.

Would I feel this vibration on a test drive or does it start later on?Another thought are there any traps at the dealer to look out for besides the most obvious ones.

I test drove a vibrator and it was awful. Started right around 60 and got worse the fast I got.

Agreed on a deal and told them I wasn't taking delivery until the vibration was gone. They figured it out. New tires and alignment I believe.

That is never a thing that is talked about on the dmax forums I have followed since before the 2011 frame change.

It might happen but it must be rare.

Edited by redwngr

test drive , good look over (outside/inside) Have dealer installed mug flaps / tonneau cover FREE part of package / sale. the midnight edition comes with Line-x bed spray . At least mind did . good luck