Long term results for K2XX 1500?

I posted on this forum in the vibration thread back in March of this year because I have been considering to purchase a Sierra 1500. The continued posts in that thread are concerning (I'm still following) but i also realize this is the internet.

I am posting on this thread hoping to get a broader perspective. How have these 1500's been treating you guys long term?

I'm sure we've all seen the article on the tundra that went 1 mil miles or whatever that was. How are the GM 1500s holding up?

I prefer the sierra/silverado to the tundra and others because i want a rcsb but looking for some long term opinions because i plan to keep what i buy for longer than most people seem to these days.

FWIW i really do not mean this as a troll post i really am just looking to buy a dependable truck. Also for guidance i would likely be buying used 2015 rcsb 4x4 because that seems to be the sweet-spot for my budget & preferences

Edited by johnsmith221
  • Like 1

crap shoot man. I have 58k on my '14. 99% vibration free. It was worse with the OEM SRA tires. I switched to my 10 ply E load BFT KO2's and it's actually smoother in terms of vibrations on the hwy. Go figure. But my truck only had a slight vibe in the 77mph+ range in warm weather. So I'm not one who exactly suffers from the shakes.

Edited by FL335i
  • Like 1

FWIW i really do not mean this as a troll post i really am just looking to buy a dependable truck. Also for guidance i would likely be buying used 2015 rcsb 4x4 because that seems to be the sweet-spot for my budget & preferences

I own a '15 Sierra 4x4 (CC Std.B) and it is a pleasure to drive and is trouble free. You may want to consider an old stock new truck. (2016)

I recently picked up a 2016 Silverado RCSB and I love it. It currently has almost 4k miles and so far only thing I've noticed is when Im nearing a complete stop the truck vibrates so slightly but nothing that concerns me to this point.

I recently picked up a 2016 Silverado RCSB and I love it. It currently has almost 4k miles and so far only thing I've noticed is when Im nearing a complete stop the truck vibrates so slightly but nothing that concerns me to this point.

If you you got a vib when stopping, it's probably a warped rotor

• Like 1

... i plan to keep what i buy for longer than most people seem to these days.

How long do you plan to keep it? Think about what could change in your life during that time.

I bought a RCSB 2004 Silverado when it was just the wife and I. Within 4 years we had 2 kids. That meant we couldn't take the truck anywhere as a family. I quickly wished I had a EC/CC. Yeah they are more money, but these things aren't getting any cheaper.

I'd also look at a new end of model year. You should find some pretty good deals, likely close to a used 2015 price. You may also get better financing on new.

I don't know if I qualify as "long term." I've had a 2016 CCSB LTZ Z71 for 11 months. No shakes. Only 1 minor mechanical issue related to the gas tank. Only other issue was related to applying the Android Auto update. No complaints here.

'14 CC sierra with 94,000+ miles no vibration or problems... truck was stock with 18" wheels and I converted to 20" wheels and have 0 vibration problem. My friend has a platinum Ford with 20" wheels that vibrated (Michelin M/S 2s). He changed to Continental tires and he is smooth as glass as well. Tires play a big role in ride quality and driveablity.

• Like 2

Have a 2015, don't have the high mileage like some here.. 22k.

No issues here, if you bought that hype with the tundra then get it.. Look up million mile pick up, it's worth a Google..

Just like someone else said, it is nothing new to the big 3. I like my truck, put 10ply tires on it and leveled.

I have nothing to complain about and that's a good thing.

It's your decision..

Just too much to go wrong on an optioned out top of the line truck. When I traded my 2014 SLT at 61,000 miles it was in need of some parts already. Tires / Brakes / Shocks / heated and cooled seat broken / piss poor factory headlights needed to be upgraded etc etc it probably would have been fine for another 50 to 100,000 miles with a small investment. I just really do not enjoy turning wrenches like I did in my younger days. If I am going to have to spend money I will spend it on a new truck...just my opinion. I guess that I am probably highly influenced by having a lot of disposable income LOL several years back I would have driven until the wheels fell off and then some. Besides have you seen the Denali dash, who can resist that man?

post-127028-0-28094300-1476485477_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2

Wow three of these types of posts in a week. 46K trouble free and vibration free miles. Full size trucks are the bread and butter money maker, highest profit generating vehicle in their lineups. I would have no issue buying any truck out today. None of the manufacturers can afford to have a dud on the market and expect to maintain market share. Also i would be very skeptical of opinions of those on the Internet. Look for long time reputable posters, as there are a lot of low count complainers. I wouldnt doubt some work for competitors to plant seeds of doubt for perspective buyers. Do a test drive like you would with any vehicle and if you have doubt look elsewhere.

https://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/silverado-1500/2014/long-term-road-test/

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Chevrolet_Silverado-1500/2014/Reliability/

http://www.truedelta.com/Chevrolet-Silverado-1500/reliability-58