*Tires* KO2 vs DuraTrac vs Other Brands?

dlang13

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the KO2's. 285 65 R18 no rubbing at all.

A bit rougher of a ride cuz of the 10ply.

But all in all stoked on the tires!!

Would recommend to anyone!

What is the max psi on your tires sidewall? now what is the max load your tires are supposed to carry?

now figure out what your truck actually weighs.

that max pressure would be used when carrying the maximum load. If your truck only weighs half of what the tires are rated for you don't need to air them up anywhere near the max number on the sidewall. you're probly going to be fine somewhere in the high 30's to low 40's psi, but you are responsible for figuring that out with your new tire size. your tire dealer should have helped you out. i would call them and ask for specs on the tires.

I've ran duratracs on my tacoma I used to have and on my silverado. The ONLY thing I could find to complain about them is that they hum a little bit. Personally it doesn't bother me one bit. They're going to be more of a loud A/T, but they're also one of the most aggressive. When I had my Taco, I took it up a pass and in an area with well over 2 ft of snow. In 4wd, those tires helped me go anywhere.

My only concern about the KO2's is lack of mileage warranty, how many miles do people in the south get out of them? By South I mean. S. GA/LA/AL/TX.

My only concern about the KO2's is lack of mileage warranty, how many miles do people in the south get out of them? By South I mean. S. GA/LA/AL/TX.

Hey.

Any Western Canadian (MB, SASK, AB) forum members out there that have gone a full 4 seasons, with Duratracs, BFG K02 or Coopers X/T's.

Most online reviews give Cooper the edge as they get the snowflake symbol, problem is only testing I have seen was done in Quebec. Winters there a little different than the prairies.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey.

Any Western Canadian (MB, SASK, AB) forum members out there that have gone a full 4 seasons, with Duratracs, BFG K02 or Coopers X/T's.

Most online reviews give Cooper the edge as they get the snowflake symbol, problem is only testing I have seen was done in Quebec. Winters there a little different than the prairies.

Thanks

originally from Regina.

Few of my buddies are running the KO2's there year round.

Thats where i went and got mine.

Hey.

Thanks

Why don't you run dedicated snow tires for your winters?

Why don't you run dedicated snow tires for your winters?

Cause I'm to cheap to buy 2 sets of tires. [emoji23]. Plus I don't drive the the truck for a full winter so it doesn't make sense to have 2 sets of tires.

Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cause I'm to cheap to buy 2 sets of tires. [emoji23]. Plus I don't drive the the truck for a full winter so it doesn't make sense to have 2 sets of tires.

Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im running the KO2's commuting back and forth from Pemberton to Whistler Daily.

Winter tires are over rated, you have 4WD......

Im running the KO2's commuting back and forth from Pemberton to Whistler Daily.

Winter tires are over rated, you have 4WD......

Ice has no effs to give about 4wd/Awd. A dedicated snow tire is made for a reason, but like the op said, he's too cheap to buy two sets. My vote still goes to duratrac. We had a nice snowfall here in Oregon Yesterday. Roads were empty unless you had awd/4wd. Was driving up a 20-30% grade in 4wd with my duratracs. Gave it a little throttle and all that happened was my truck went up the hill faster. No spinning no sliding what so ever. These tires are awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend duratracs on my third set had 275 70 18s and 315 70 17s on my Wrangler now 305 55 20 on the Sierra. No complaints whatsoever.

For ops needs you won't beat the duratracs or the bfg ko2s. I like the looks of the duratracs better that's all that's really to decide between the two.

I wanted to try the stt pros from cooper or the ridge grapplers from nitro but neither has snow flake rating like the duratracs and the coopers were priced way above Goodyear here in Canada and the nitro wasn't available yet.

The duratracs are the lighted of all them very quiet on the road and gets me 5% off ins cause the snowflake rating. Other than price they are a couple hundred more per set than the k02s but that's a personal decision one had to make. What's $200 over 5 years tire life? I'ts peanuts.

Archived