*Tires* KO2 vs DuraTrac vs Other Brands?

dlang13

I went with the BFG KO2's 275/65/18's a month ago and am very impressed so far. No real road noise so far, they have done great in the snow, rain, ice, etc. My mileage is a little less but so far no flats in a month which is something I hadn't done with the junk GoodYears that were stock.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, archer1 said:

my dealer tells me 35 lbs. the tires are rated for 50 lbs. i'm carrying about 600 lbs in my silverado 1500 any input on what pressure i should run at?

Load Range C tires for 50 psi right?  

Your dealer is incorrect.  35 psi on an LT tire is a load capacity of 3,780 pounds and that does not even match your gross axle weight rating.  Once you're in the 42+ psi range you'll then exceed your axle but they wear quickly until set in the high 40s or 50 psi.  BFG recommends 50 psi for my truck.  In the 30s they wore very quickly and I'd be lucky to get 40k miles on a set but now that they're at 50 psi, they hardly wear at all now between rotations.

Thanks for the comeback. that's what I thought. If I go on the beach I will air them down. otherwise 50 psi here I come. May increase the mpg's also with more air.  Thinking of adding another rear spring I have about 2.5 inches before the rubber pad bottoms out on the axle. I should have checked the clearance before I installed the cap

10 hours ago, archer1 said:

Thanks for the comeback. that's what I thought. If I go on the beach I will air them down.

My pleasure!  I've driven on Daytona Beach at 50 psi with no issues but of course it's pretty flat.  

Archived