Heated steering wheel is awesome.

We are getting a lot of below freezing weather and this is my first vehicle with a heated steering wheel. I absolutely love it and I will never buy another vehicle without this option. It probably has a lot to do with the fact I have been on the planet for 66 years, but a sweet option for sure.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at several trucks with the heated steering wheel option too, but here in Fort Worth Texas we generally have to use a hot pad to handle the steering wheel! :lol: Still would be on my list if I lived way up north, like in...Amarillo. :D

Well you would liked the cooling seats, we did hit the 90s last summer here on Vancouver Island, and the cool air on the butt makes leather seats comfortable real quick. The heated seats were much faster and hotter on my 08, but the 16 heated seats are decent. The 08 would actually burn your butt on high and there was stories of people with poor circulation not feeling the heat and getting butt burns. The 16, you can leave on high and not get burned.

Well you would liked the cooling seats, we did hit the 90s last summer here on Vancouver Island, and the cool air on the butt makes leather seats comfortable real quick. The heated seats were much faster and hotter on my 08, but the 16 heated seats are decent. The 08 would actually burn your butt on high and there was stories of people with poor circulation not feeling the heat and getting butt burns. The 16, you can leave on high and not get burned.

You might want to look into that. My 16 seats get hot enough that I have to turn them down...and sooner than later. I had an 08 as well (and a 14 too) and they're about the same to me...

Does your heated steering wheel come with the remote start ???

No the heated steering wheel does NOT come on in remote start (if that is what you were asking) Does anyone know if it is possible to reprogram the truck so when you use the remote start it DOES turn on the heated steering wheel like it does with the heated seats?

It would be nice if it did come on with the remote start but it really heats up quickly and just makes that leather feel so nice. On the remote start, I used to use the OnStar app, now I like the My Chevrolet app even better for starting the truck, onlocking and other things. Often I want to open the cab or unlock the tailgate and my keys are in the house but my smartphone is always with me.

I especially love it in july....Are we men or are we wimps. I love the feel of a cold leather steering wheel, or my wife's cold feet on my calves not to mention her cold butt cheeks on my back. Some options are just gay.

Only option I can't live without is heated side view mirrors and to be frank the ones on my truck are inadequate. -20°C ( -4°F) these just don't work. My Mitsubishi almost melted the polar caps.

Thanks for the post. Nothing better than a good laugh to start your day. See you are from the East Coast. One of the few things I miss about working in Northern Alberta was the sense of humour of Cape Bretoners and Newfoundlanders. It was a hoot working with those guys.

Does the heated steering wheel have a built in regulator ?

Mine gets hot QUICK and then levels off to medium heat later on ...

mine just gets warm fast and stays warm. It never gets hot.

Archived