2014 4wd recall issues

I think I am going to call GM customer service and get to the bottom of this. Granted the other dealership I called quoted me a cheaper diagnostic fee than the first. But still, I feel like I shouldn't have to pay for an issue that was a common problem the first 2 years of a redesigned truck. I still think they just wanna be sure it's not something I did to cause the problem because my mileage is higher.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info but that's not exactly the problem with mine. Mine just won't come out of 4wd high when I tell it to. Mine may have to be recalibrated for this particular issue, but that's not what I'm experiencing right now.

Ah yes. Sorry about that. I was ready some of the old threads on this issue. Search and there are a bunch. No where did I see a recall being listed, only service campaigns.

I found my invoice from the service they did on mine. Mine was: "recall 15304 4wd always stays engaged in cold temp"

Ask if this recall is open for your vehicle. Since it is now december, maybe that is exactly what yours is doing.

When I gave them my VIN, the told me that there's 3 open recalls. 1 for the seat belt, 1 for the airbag, and 1 for the 4wd. So I set my appointment for tomorrow morning and I thought everything was fine. They called me back a half hour later to verify my mileage and after telling them I'm at 72,000 miles, they said they wouldn't be performing the work on the 4wd since it's past the trim warranty of 36,000 miles.

I had the same three recalls as you. I went in to have the airbag recall done and was told about the transfer case recall. I let them do the 2 but not the seat belt because I use the running boards and the o shxx handle to get in and out so I don't drag across my seat belt. The dealer told me after my warranty runs out I would have to pay to have it done.

I had the same three recalls as you. I went in to have the airbag recall done and was told about the transfer case recall. I let them do the 2 but not the seat belt because I use the running boards and the o shxx handle to get in and out so I don't drag across my seat belt. The dealer told me after my warranty runs out I would have to pay to have it done.

Yea that seems to be the final answer in my problem here. A known problem with an expiration date on mileage doesn't seem fair. But I did find a dealership that'll help me out for less out of pocket than the first one I called. It sux, but it has to be fixed

Archived