Gun Mount in Truck

Got it mounted today. I milled a backer plate at work thinking I would need it but the access cover at the bottom of the console is made of a nice composite material not the usual cheap plastic I was expecting. Ended up not using the backing plate and just drilling two holes with bolts and lock nuts. Super happy with how it came out, mount seems very sturdy but I've yet to drive it since installing. I did cut the rubber tray to fit snug around the rail and I'm planning on installing a piece of foam on the drivers side in case the grip rotates and bangs against the plastic. Will report back after a test drive tomo morning.

75ED5720-519B-4C9D-B9EA-58035DA8211B_zps

DFB1FCE1-8F3E-4F6C-AFED-E2F79FB23813_zps

002C755A-F277-4D14-AE73-F618AC1634C9_zps

44FE67BF-FBA4-430D-8CB0-A50052F0573C_zps

My problem is I rotate carry guns, how easy is it to swap that barrel stick out? On my '01 and my' 06 I think we just mounted some cheap one size fits none holster to the inside side of the consoles with a couple screws since velcro wasn't good enough. Worked great, held my revolvers and bottom feeders just fine. Don't know why dad never did this on the '09. Might be because of how the console is set up with this tray covering access to the bottom of it. I like the replacement center console safes that fit long guns and pistols, but I'm not dropping $3k+ on those. If I had a darker interior and a black rifle I'd get the rifle carrier that fits up in the visors. If I had been alive 35+ years ago gun rack on the back glass would have been sufficient. While perfectly legal in Florida for long guns, I wouldn't do it around Orlando where I live.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

My problem is I rotate carry guns, how easy is it to swap that barrel stick out? On my '01 and my' 06 I think we just mounted some cheap one size fits none holster to the inside side of the consoles with a couple screws since velcro wasn't good enough. Worked great, held my revolvers and bottom feeders just fine. Don't know why dad never did this on the '09. Might be because of how the console is set up with this tray covering access to the bottom of it. I like the replacement center console safes that fit long guns and pistols, but I'm not dropping $3k+ on those. If I had a darker interior and a black rifle I'd get the rifle carrier that fits up in the visors. If I had been alive 35+ years ago gun rack on the back glass would have been sufficient. While perfectly legal in Florida for long guns, I wouldn't do it around Orlando where I live.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

The barrel sticks are caliber specific and are just threaded in the aluminum head. They have a rubber coating so they don't scratch and it seems to stay tight. Just drove around with it this morning and surprisingly the gun doesn't move around a lot. I like it so far!

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=GunVault-Nano-Vault-100-with-Keyed-Lock&i=430504

Locks up and the steel cable is wrapped around the seat frame so it can't be taken.

If you have a console and more money..

http://www.consolevault.com/Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-Floor-Console-2014_p_95.html#.WGG1RVMrK70

How about locking it within your truck? While we all have locking glove boxes, face it: a good flat head screw driver will pop it open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly the last locking center console I had was on my '01. The '06 didn't have one and neither does my '09. At least the '06 had a "hidden compartment" I could use.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=GunVault-Nano-Vault-100-with-Keyed-Lock&i=430504

Locks up and the steel cable is wrapped around the seat frame so it can't be taken.

If you have a console and more money..

http://www.consolevault.com/Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-Floor-Console-2014_p_95.html#.WGG1RVMrK70

I have the first type with the steel cable and wrap it around the seat frame out of sight if I have to leave my carry in the truck. the one I have can come with either a key or a 3 digit combo....otherwise, I keep it IWB.....

the locking center console looks nice but that's some $ that would need to be spent...

• 2 weeks later...

Using a piece of kydex as a backer to a think piece of leather. I clip my iwb holster to as well as an extra mag. Kydex backer is Velcro mounted so can be removed with no damage to the console. Also a box of ammo for when I'm out at my land and want to do some plinking. With this I can use multiple different holsters for different carry guns. Obviously not locked in anyway. But is hidden from view if needs to be left in truck.

9306b7cdd2086ebf29650fc03f482345.jpg

I carry my guns in waist band holsters. I take it out when in my truck for comfort. Got this Gero magnet that works great. Gun doesn't move while driving.

44e23b98d34b40cc2b80c060514cce11.jpg60ea1e74164e24c210353c46a57cd199.jpg

Archived