In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
neontrucks

2016 little or no heat, long warm up

so really my hands are the only things that are cold for that short time. Well unless it's cold enough to want gloves then I'm fine all around. Just my preference I guess.

My heated steering wheel works great for cold hands.

Ya but gloves won't break eventually and is cheaper to replace when worn.

Good point.

I always thought that heated steering was just a gimmick.

Then I bought a vehicle that had one installed.

I'm a convert. Might be different in a warmer area, but when it's really cold it's nice to have.

FWIW, I used to think the same thing about air conditioning, and automatic transmissions.

I'm a convert. Might be different in a warmer area, but when it's really cold it's nice to have.

FWIW, I used to think the same thing about air conditioning, and automatic transmissions.

I'm in north Louisiana so it's far from a cold area. But it's still nice on the few cold mornings we've had this year.

been sub zero here too.

mine warms quickly

bet the coolant level is low, thats all it takes

• Like 1

Power steering was a waste of money but power brakes were worth the extra money!! I don't have heated steering on my current truck but appreciate how nice this option is in colder weather. I do have the heated seats which are "on" most of the time these days. I had heated grips on my previous motorcycle which dramatically alters the driving experience!

I too didn't care about heated wheel, then one of the many times my 14 was in the shop I had a old caddy that had a heated wheel, omg awesome, when I got my 16 it was a must it's awesome

Honestly probably my favorite option

been sub zero here too.

mine warms quickly

bet the coolant level is low, thats all it takes

Nope, overflow tank is full. It's only got 2100miles on it, better be full, or I got other issues.

Going to dealer in tuesday the 27th. Noticed vents by feet are noticeably colder than defrost and center vents.

Good luck, GM told me long warm ups are normal.

Good luck, GM told me long warm ups are normal.

not what I wanted to hear. Single digets takes over 25min to blow good heat

This problem is way too subjective

I'm leaning towards you being crazy and its not a problem at all. Then again, I'm not there and you could actually have a malfunction.

Hopefully you understand that you should be comparing the cabin temperature to other vehicles and not how the output feels on your skin. We have powerful blowers, and a lot of cfm's will lower output temp but increase btu's.

My '14 took longer to warm up than any other of the five new GM trucks that I owned since the year 2000. The '13 2500HD that I own now after getting rid of the garbage '14 warms up quickly, like the previous generations of trucks.