In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
neontrucks

2016 little or no heat, long warm up

This^^^^

Coming from Dodge/Cummins forums....................I've never read so much about a bunch of whiny "pussies" who insist their butts or their fingers are cold like here..................and that expect their asses licked for farting in their GM trucks!!!!

It's cold out...............get over it.....................cowboy up Ladies!!!

LOL. GM truck owners do indeed critique them hard .

I remember a couple of people on here complaining about the A/C doesn't get cold enough on the K2s. And I mean by about 5°. Hell my first truck was an '86 Chevy C10 and it didn't even come with factory A/C. The A/C was the windows down and the vent windows turned open to flow the air inside. Even not the only time I use the A/C is if it's raining. That's the only time I complained about not having A/C on the '86 was when it was raining.

• Like 1

I remember a couple of people on here complaining about the A/C doesn't get cold enough on the K2s. And I mean by about 5°. Hell my first truck was an '86 Chevy C10 and it didn't even come with factory A/C. The A/C was the windows down and the vent windows turned open to flow the air inside. Even not the only time I use the A/C is if it's raining. That's the only time I complained about not having A/C on the '86 was when it was raining.

250AC is something I grew up on!!

• Like 2

I'm fairy confident that is standard.

I'm also fairly confident the air coming out is warmer than the ambient air in the truck.

If the air coming out of the heater is 50 degrees, ands its 20 inside your truck, the air out of the heater is still going to feel cold on your skin.

Although it's uncomfortable "cold air" its still going to warm the cabin up faster than if it waits for the air output temperature to be 100 degrees.

So GM took a "warm it up fast as possible" approach instead of a "wait until the air coming out feels nice and warm" approach.

I have been wondering about the slow warm up also. But I kinda figured one of the main reasons was that my truck is constantly going into V4 mode while driving. I figured GM would have disabled this feature till the engine was at operating temperature. Feels as if I am driving over twice the distance to get to normal operating temperature.

• Like 1

I have been wondering about the slow warm up also. But I kinda figured one of the main reasons was that my truck is constantly going into V4 mode while driving. I figured GM would have disabled this feature till the engine was at operating temperature. Feels as if I am driving over twice the distance to get to normal operating temperature.

I would think they would want engine coolant warm asap to get better gas mileage. Cold=more fuel, I thought the OEM's were all about CAFE?

I would think they would want engine coolant warm asap to get better gas mileage. Cold=more fuel, I thought the OEM's were all about CAFE?

Actually an engine just works better at operating temp. Especially a diesel. That's part of what a thermostat is supposed to do, let it get to operating temp and keep it at that by closing and opening. A cold engine is different than cold air going into it. A cold engine isn't going to have cold air unless the temp is cold. In the summer a cold engine is still breathing in hot air.

My heater seems to get working pretty quickly, but I seem to have a different issue. The rear of my cab seems to take forever to get warm. The back of my head is always freezing, even 30 minutes into my commute. I leave it on auto at 75 degrees. I don't feel much air coming out from the rear vents under the front seats.

Anyone else have that issue?

My heater seems to get working pretty quickly, but I seem to have a different issue. The rear of my cab seems to take forever to get warm. The back of my head is always freezing, even 30 minutes into my commute. I leave it on auto at 75 degrees. I don't feel much air coming out from the rear vents under the front seats.

Anyone else have that issue?

Buy a hat.