Loaner Vehicle?

hmb2016

Hey guys, purchased a 2017 Gmc Sierra 1500 Max tow SLT with 6.2 and 8 speed transmission. I purchased this vehicle new in October and have had serious transmission issues since day 1. My truck now has 9500 miles and just scheduled a service appt. at my local dealer Courtesy GMC in Lafayette la. I expect my vehicle to be in the shop for quite some time with the transmission issues as well as an engine issue of a rough idle. Also, I have a rattle coming from the rear that I'd like them to chase down. With all this being said, they will not give me a loaner vehicle because I didn't purchase the truck from this dealer( and never would after this). So do any of you guys have any recommendations? The vehicle is 2 months old and well within Factory warranty as well as the extended warranty I purchased. Thanks!

COURTESY TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM

During the warranty coverage period, this GMC program provides alternate transportation and/or reimbursement of certain transportation expenses under the Courtesy Transportation Program if your vehicle requires warranty repairs. Several transportation options are available. Refer to your Owner’s Manual for details, including reservation of rights, or consult your dealer.

http://www.gmc.com/owners/warranty-details.html

Looks like according to their website, it is part of your warranty. If the dealership keeps giving you trouble, go up the chain of command until you get one. Typically, if it can be fixed within one day, they will not give you a loaner. If it stays over night, you get a car. Best of luck.

I agree they should provide the loaner vehicle. I had my '15 towed into the closest dealership, which is not the one I purchased it from, when 4 of the injectors went out. They had the truck for 3 days and provided a loaner. Good luck to you.

I also went to a diffrent dealer from where I purchased my truck, and they were great about getting me a loaner. At first I was going to let them have my truck for the day, but They were going to need it for more than a day and almost insisted I take a loaner.

Go to another dealer that will give you a loaner with less headache. You're not stuck to any certain dealer....

Some give loaners at the blink of an eye, some are a bit more reluctant. When I was scheduling to take my hd in for an oil leak, one dealer told me they'd have to look at the leak and make sure it would qualify for a loaner (parts avail., length of repair). I just scheduled at another dealer who authorized a loaner when I scheduled no questions asked

Hey guys, purchased a 2017 Gmc Sierra 1500 Max tow SLT with 6.2 and 8 speed transmission. I purchased this vehicle new in October and have had serious transmission issues since day 1. My truck now has 9500 miles and just scheduled a service appt. at my local dealer Courtesy GMC in Lafayette la. I expect my vehicle to be in the shop for quite some time with the transmission issues as well as an engine issue of a rough idle. Also, I have a rattle coming from the rear that I'd like them to chase down. With all this being said, they will not give me a loaner vehicle because I didn't purchase the truck from this dealer( and never would after this). So do any of you guys have any recommendations? The vehicle is 2 months old and well within Factory warranty as well as the extended warranty I purchased. Thanks!

Definitely call GM customer support, start a case number, tell them the list of your problems, then tell them you want them to call the dealer of your choice to set up the appointment for you ( they should do this automatically for you) they will make sure you have a loaner there waiting for you if they know your truck will be there more than a day, and things will most likely go more smoothly. Also make sure everything is documented on paper to your satisfaction upon picking up your truck. Do not leave until it's documented to your satisfaction.

Contact Us Via Email

[email protected]

Contact Us Via Phone

1-866-636-2273

How do you have 9500 miles in 2 months?

That's well over a 1000 miles a week. Crazy!

Thanks guys for all the help. There's another Chevy dealer in town that I had great experiences with bringing in my Wife's 2016 Camaro. My question is, this is a Chevy dealership. I know GMC and Chevy are the same, but if we are looking at extensive work to the transmission and engine, do you foresee an issue? The last thing I want to do is waste time bringing my truck to chevy for diagnosis and then having to bring it to GMC for actual repairs. Thoughts?

15_Silverado I drive 200 miles a day round trip working out of town. i work almost every Saturday and sunday which comes out to about 1400 miles give or take every week. This is part of the reason im not looking forward to having headaches with dealership because i will be seeing them OFTEN for oil changes and tire rotations lol

Thanks guys for all the help. There's another Chevy dealer in town that I had great experiences with bringing in my Wife's 2016 Camaro. My question is, this is a Chevy dealership. I know GMC and Chevy are the same, but if we are looking at extensive work to the transmission and engine, do you foresee an issue? The last thing I want to do is waste time bringing my truck to chevy for diagnosis and then having to bring it to GMC for actual repairs. Thoughts?

I been told GMC warranty work pays more than Chevy, seems like b.s., so Chevy techs love GMC

I take my GMC to the local Chevy dealership. It is the same thing.

No it is not the same.

1. No dealer is under any obligation to do any warranty work. If they don't want to do it, they don't have to.

2. No dealer is under obligation to do warranty work on another GM brand of vehicle.

Now, that being said- It doesn't bode well for them to not perform warranty work on the brand that that dealer sells. As for other GM Brands- well- unless they are getting issues from GM when doing work on other GM Brands they are not being very professional by refusing to do warranty work. BUT there ARE dealers out there who will flat out say "No" regardless of public hissy fits and outlash.

As for a loaner- My dealers policy is that they generally don't issue a loaner until a diagnosis has been performed and they are certain the work will require more than 1 day. At that point, they call up Enterprise and get you set up in a rental. They pay the costs if the vehicle is under warranty. If not, you pay the costs. And if they are out of trucks, you are SoL and get stuck with whatever they have available until a truck becomes available. if they are able to find one. The dealers don't have to provide a truck from their dealership or on their lot and can tell you to go pound sand. I've only been able to be put into a truck once when there was actually 1 available at the local Enterprise here. It was a Dodge. They had no GM Trucks available to rent out, not even out at the airport.

As for a loaner- My dealers policy is that they generally don't issue a loaner until a diagnosis has been performed and they are certain the work will require more than 1 day. At that point, they call up Enterprise and get you set up in a rental. They pay the costs if the vehicle is under warranty. If not, you pay the costs. And if they are out of trucks, you are SoL and get stuck with whatever they have available until a truck becomes available. if they are able to find one. The dealers don't have to provide a truck from their dealership or on their lot and can tell you to go pound sand. I've only been able to be put into a truck once when there was actually 1 available at the local Enterprise here. It was a Dodge. They had no GM Trucks available to rent out, not even out at the airport.

Ours is 2 hours of warranty work. They have tons there though, they do not use Enterprise. Few weeks ago they put me in a 2017 Sierra DC.

Archived