In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
2015VORTECZ71

Magnaflow 19026 on any 2014.5+ Vortec 2500/3500's out there?

Strongly considering this exhaust for my truck...4" pipe all the way back, supposedly has a nice sound...

I have the muffler that that comes with that system on my exhaust. Just had a shop weld it in for $200. Sound really nice.

I hear that it has no drone and it's not obnoxious, but it has a nice rumble? True?

I hear that it has no drone and it's not obnoxious, but it has a nice rumble? True?

I PM'ed you

RT

Hey man I have the same system on my sierra. Nice sound and no drone in the cab. Fitment was perfect.

Looking at magnaflows site and a picture of the exhaust why does it have 2 mufflers?

Also could someone with it post a sound clip?

If you search magnaflow 19026 on you tube you will find all the info you need. One near the rear is a resonator and that's why there is no drone in the cab. I have the system on my truck..well made and excellent fit. I would highly recommend it

Just had an 18" magnaflow cut into the oem existing exhaust on my crew cab '16 Midnight HD. Sounds great. Low bass tones, has a nice growl but it's not obnoxious. Some might say it has a little drone effect at certain rpm's but I have an exhaust for a reason, to hear it. This is my 3rd magnaflow system so I guess I'm kinda partial. Normally I do duals but this time around I couldn't care less what the exhaust looks like. Just want quality sound. Mission accomplished for $200.

My truck has no resonator according to my exhaust guy. Besides wouldn't a resonator partially kill the effect we're going for?

There is a metallic red truck on you tube with the 19026 system, the video sound is pretty quiet it is hard to hear what it sounds like. Could someone please post a sound clip? I'm really interested in this system if the sound is a good upgrade from stock but not too loud. I'm looking for a powerful but refined sound. Thanks.

There is a metallic red truck on you tube with the 19026 system, the video sound is pretty quiet it is hard to hear what it sounds like. Could someone please post a sound clip? I'm really interested in this system if the sound is a good upgrade from stock but not too loud. I'm looking for a powerful but refined sound. Thanks.

I know the video you're referring to. You're right, you can't hear much.

No promises but I'll see what I can get it to sound like on my phone. If it comes out clear enough I'll put it to YouTube and post a link.

The way you described what you want is exactly what it sounds like. I speak from personal experience of full Magnaflow systems and this latest cut in method. Sounds just as nice. Save yourself a ton of money if you can live with the single tip and just remove the oem muffler and replace it with the Magnaflow. $800 vs $200 with the same quality sound was a no brainer.

It's deep and throaty, not loud and tinny.

Edited by Keithm

I put a 12909 3.5" in/out on in place of the stock trash can muffler. Everything else stock. Great mellow, throaty sound without being obnoxious. I felt no need to replace the stock 3.5" pipe.

Edited by Cowpie