Changing stock D5S bulb

I'm don't think it will be too much of a difference. There will be some additional heat, sure. But the reason HID is used in the first place is the efficiency in turning power into lumens instead of heat. That's the main reason you can replace a 55w halogen with a 35w HID and have significantly higher output.

One of the reasons they went with this bulb is because when you go over 2000 lumens, you're supposed to have a headlamp cleaning jet or something that cleans the lenses to prevent glare for oncoming traffic when the lenses are dirty.

I am definitely interested in hearing how the new setup performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by x219c

And???????

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The replacements are brighter sitting in front of the garage. I've only driven it a little at night so far.

Here a picture before with the stock lights.

fc2f17fb25fa958b64b35aaa1c01fb70.jpg

Here's a picture of the replacement lights.

db85a0d2c0954dc741f07501389fe6fd.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for that keep us posted as you do more nite driving , my 2017 All Terrain rhe low beams are actually decent. But the high beams not great, does not light yp the road much further than low beams

• Like 1

The replacements are brighter sitting in front of the garage. I've only driven it a little at night so far.

Here a picture before with the stock lights.

fc2f17fb25fa958b64b35aaa1c01fb70.jpg

Here's a picture of the replacement lights.

db85a0d2c0954dc741f07501389fe6fd.jpg

Thanks for posting up the pics, this sold me on pulling the trigger tonight on the set, I am glad I get wholesale as $350 is steep!!!

Edited by Limited360

I should have a set of the 6500k ones in 2-3 days, I will do a comparison shot of before and after down my driveway with a decent camera.

Should be well worth it based on the amount of light spread in the photos above.

6500 kelvin is really purple and hard on the eyes for fatigue and harder to see things. Even my 5000 kelvin kit is fatiguing on long trips. I prefer something with a little lower color temperature.

Edited by spurshot

6500 kelvin is really purple and hard on the eyes for fatigue and harder to see things. Even my 5000 kelvin kit is fatiguing on long trips. I prefer something with a little lower color temperature.

I normally run 6500k @ 50w which comes out to be a 5500k effective... 6500k is not purple, it's definitely more on the blue side of the spectrum but highly centered with white light still. You need to go to a 8000k+ for a more purple output. Now the cutoff line at 6500k will have significantly more purple hues in it... which I like as it does help with the color flicker at cutoff.

With that being said it's a 200 lumen loss at 6500k over 5500k, so it does reduce output. But stock is 2200 lumens rating and they claim 3200 lumens on their 6500k. I've checked the delta with a LUX meter and it's accurate on other bulb applications for the most part.

And I can do ~15% off retail if i wanted to offer them up through my side business as a group buy. I'd need 8 people interested at a min to honor this. Shipped in the lower 48 essentially for $285 would be my target.

-typed on iPhone, I will correct grammar and spelling later-