In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Thanks guys....traded the 15 Silverado yesterday.

I did the same thing you did, this past summer I traded in our 2014 GMC 1500 for a Ram 2500HD w/ 6.4 hemi. Our GMC was a great truck but we were towing a 30' 7,000 lb travel trailer and it was maxing out the GMC.

We wanted to stay with the GM family but they wouldn't work with us on price for a 2500, two salesman actually laughed at me when I made (according to Edmunds.com) a good offer. Fords were out of the question ( wife doesn't like them) so we decided to give the Ram a look. We got a great deal on the new truck and the trade in.

The Ram has performed great, almost 10,000 miles on it already, about 2,000 of that pulling our travel trailer.

I hope your new Ram treats you as well as mine has treated us!

Test,

Thanks for your post, that's very encouraging. I appreciate that. My experience was similar to yours. I was trying to work with the dealer who sold me the 15 Silverado. They had a pretty basic 17 Silverado 2500hd. Painted steel wheels, rubber floor mat interior, no bluetooth.

They wanted over double the out money compared to the deal i worked out on my ram, which has many more options, has more heavy duty steering and suspension components (comparable to the ford super duty), carpet on the floor and sits up much higher than the 2500hd Silverado. It wasn't even a comparison in my mind.

If the Chevy would have been comparably priced i would have really had to think about it, but i probably would have still gone with the ram because i liked it the best of the 3.

I have always liked the big rig styling of the ram, which was copied by ford in my opinion when they released the 1999 Super Duty.

Edited by GsBowtie
  • Like 1

Man that thing looks like a beast! Nice looking truck.

Now that's wierd. I thought it was attached and you must have seen it, but now it's gone again. Oh well, i give up for tonight, but yes, she sits up there high, wide and handsome :) thanks!