Sugar Bears 2015 GMC Terrain SLE-2 2.4 AWD

Grumpy Bear

Booked the paint booth for May 8. Getting that lift gate painted. $600 says the estimate. Work is half the size of doors I've had done in this shop for $400 but the badging is stupid expensive. I wouldn't replace them but the wife's truck so the wife's wishes. Root cause is some imperfection in the factory metal prep during the original painting. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bemis Body Shop. De Kalb, Illinois did a nice job and as usual went beyond the contract. When the paint was removed there were indeed several flaws in the prep work that caused the blisters. The shop also disassembled the inside panels for a look behind the sheet to assure the zinc was in tact and nothing sneaking up from within. This was totally a GM flaw. A replay of my 1976 experience with Ford except this time I caught it soon enough. Rust through in six months and not covered on that one. This time to many miles for corrosion and not enough damage for rust through. This is why I find warranties worthless. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Terrain for a week. 480 mile round trip in one day yielded 33.6 MPG at nearly 50 mph 'average' speed for the day. I note the life time DIC average is but 22.5 mpg. There's a head shaker. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wife drives it a week. 26 mpg. Next week 22 mpg.  Says there is something wrong. Drove it a 360 mile loop. 30 mpg. There is something wrong I tell her. Your attitude is not MPG friendly. Just drive the speed limit and it will get close to 30. :lol:

"I can't" she says. :sigh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I gave up.

I have been telling the wife about jack rabbit starts, keeping a consistent speed and fast stops.

Freeway driving she is on the gas pedal, off the gas pedal. MPG killer IMO.

Waits until she's close to the stop sign before letting of the gas and then hits the brakes.

She does the speed limit though.

SMH

:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

65,000 mile service. 

5 Quarts QSUD 5W20 and a WIX filter. Check and top fluids. Trans on the money. 

Tire rotation. Lots of miles left in these Michelins. 

Check, check and double check for anything amiss and nada. 

Gave her a good bath. Found a few rock chips that need some attention. Nothing major. 

• 1 month later...

Sucks about the tailgate. Inexcusable in today's world, and yet with the severe lack of concern often found, it happens. 

I've had great luck, so I'm biased, but I figure pick your favorite and stick with 'em. They all have issues, might as well deal with the same set. 

I agree, it should not happen, but I find that everybody else's tolerance has vastly increased :shakehead:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

70,000 Mile Service

Routine oil change. 5W20 Quaker State UD and WIX filter. No usage observed for this 5,000 mile period. 

Balance and rotate. 70K and counting. Yea!!!

General check over. Clean bill of health. Bottle of Chevron Techron to the tank. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

74,000 miles and she gets new brakes in all four corners. Rotors and pads. Maybe I live a sheltered life but I've never seen warped rear rotors on a street car. These were toast. I let her pay the $700 tab.

Old cars with full pad thickness I gauge normal at about three fronts to one rear set. New stuff like this about two to one. This girl...….:lol: She drives it. 

75,000 Mile Service

Routine oil change. 5W20 Quaker State UD and WIX filter. No usage observed for this 5,000 mile period. 

Rotate only. 75K and counting. Had TPMS calibration done and pressures reset. 

Bottle of Chevron Techron to the tank. 

Wipers on order. GM. Why change, they last three years a set. 

Seems boring but I like being bored in this fashion. :thumbs:

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 300 Blackout said:

Dutch Shepherd?

He's just a Dawg. A Oklahoma Res dog rescue. 28 lbs. of mischief and cuddle. 2 years old. But I did look up the Dutch Breed having never heard of it and he does look like a half pint version, right? He did eat my Roku remote tonight..grrrrr. :lol: