USA and Mexico built trucks same price, why

The destination charge is average the cost to ship a vehicle from the factory to the furthest dealership with the cost to ship a vehicle from the factory to the closest dealership.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the destination charge was on the Chevy SS. They've been getting shipped here from Australia the past few years.

$995 in the US. The prices aren't always logical. I noticed Toyota will charge $1200 destination for a Tundra built in Texas but $995 for a 4Runner built in Japan.

• 11 months later...

With all respect, if you are really a serious truck buyer, one should do all the research. When I went looking for my Sierra, I made sure I bought a truck made in Fort Wayne versus Mexico. My son bought the full size 4 door Sierra and was very upset when I told him it was made in Mexico, how can you tell he asked. All super cabs are built south of the border and extra cabs are manufactured in the Sates. I sure sign of an American built vehicle in just inside the drivers door. Funny, my wife’s Equinox is made in Canada and there is a sticker showing what plant built it. Mexican built vehicles do not have the plant info. 

Personally I don't care where my truck was built or by who. I have a crew cab High Country, made in Mexico by Mexicans, and you know what unlike my double cab 2014 LT that was made in the USA, it doesn't vibrate. Maybe that was because it was made in Mexico, or maybe some other reason, I don't really care. Trucks roll off the assembly line with the same Quality Control requirements regardless of what country it's made in.

Would it be nice to employ US citizens, or more importantly to me Canadian citizens, sure. But unfortunately we as a nation have allowed our greed to run rampant, and I'm not talking about the people that have unionized to earn a living wage (because that's what they fight for), I'm referring to the corporations, COE's, or Trumps of the world, that only see their profit. Because they don't care about the Middle class, they only see their profits under attack when people ask for a living wage. The refinery I work at made $250 millions dollars at the end of last year, that's the plant I was in not the company as a whole, their profit was in the hundreds of billions. But they were negative about it, they could've made more... We need to cut back spending, cut back Overtime, cut back... It wasn't enough for them. Workers aren't the problem, unionized or not, it's the corporations that brainwash people into think the middle class worker is the problem. 

I have decided to only buy from my local suppliers and will only buy handmade/organic items locally sourced. I have my local Amish friends working on my next vehicle it is a wooden wagon on wooden wheels with wooden spindles. Going to be awesome. Keep It Green.......................................... 

Archived