Echomaster Towing Cameras- Setup

I am looking at adding the Echomaster towing cameras to my 2017 Silverado 1500. I am looking at the kits with the standard mirrors/caps. I see I can add another camera to the standard 3 camera (2 mirror and one wireless for back of trailer) setup. Instead of using the wireless trailer camera, I would prefer to have a camera on the front plate as well as on/below the cargo light on the rear.

So, my preferred option would be two mirror cams, one forward facing license plate bracket camera and one rear/bed facing camera below the cargo light.

Does anyone know if the wireless trailer camera can be "replaced" with one of the other two options? AAMP/Echomaster has danced around my questions a bit. I know they make both the CHMSL/Cargo Light camera and the license plate bracket camera, but just don't know if they can both be used as part of the system. Thanks!

I am looking at adding the Echomaster towing cameras to my 2017 Silverado 1500. I am looking at the kits with the standard mirrors/caps. I see I can add another camera to the standard 3 camera (2 mirror and one wireless for back of trailer) setup. Instead of using the wireless trailer camera, I would prefer to have a camera on the front plate as well as on/below the cargo light on the rear.

So, my preferred option would be two mirror cams, one forward facing license plate bracket camera and one rear/bed facing camera below the cargo light.

Does anyone know if the wireless trailer camera can be "replaced" with one of the other two options? AAMP/Echomaster has danced around my questions a bit. I know they make both the CHMSL/Cargo Light camera and the license plate bracket camera, but just don't know if they can both be used as part of the system. Thanks!

So you don't care about the side cameras or you want these in addition to the side cameras?

Edit: nevermind. I re-read it and I see what you want now.

I don't have the system but the cameras are only inputs. As long as the connections match this shouldn't be an issue except the screen is going to say trailer when you may actually be looking forward. Check out MVI (Anthony Brush) and his 360 camera system. Mine should be here this week and I'll be doing a review as quickly as possible but it may be more what you are looking for.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Edited by tenscourts

I am looking at the MVI system now. Looks pretty nice actually and more in line with what I was looking for. Would like to see how the cameras mount to the mirrors. That was what was nice for the Echomaster package as the mirror "caps" already have the cameras integrated into them.

The issue I see with trying to play with the Echomaster system is that the trailer camera that is included is wireless. Not sure how it would play with two wired cameras.

I heard back from Echomaster. They indicated that their package can accept up to four cameras in addition to the factory rearview camera. So, in this case, I could order the normal package which includes the mirror caps/cameras, all harnesses, and the wireless trailer camera with wireless receiver.

To get the front image, would need to order an additional front license plate camera, to get the cargo image, would order their CHMSL camera. Then I would be left with an extra wireless receiver and wireless camera.

Also, their instructions are really good for anyone looking to remove the door panels/mirrors. Step by step and illustrated instructions.

I heard back from Echomaster. They indicated that their package can accept up to four cameras in addition to the factory rearview camera. So, in this case, I could order the normal package which includes the mirror caps/cameras, all harnesses, and the wireless trailer camera with wireless receiver.

To get the front image, would need to order an additional front license plate camera, to get the cargo image, would order their CHMSL camera. Then I would be left with an extra wireless receiver and wireless camera.

Also, their instructions are really good for anyone looking to remove the door panels/mirrors. Step by step and illustrated instructions.

MVI has videos on how to remove panels etc. and the third break light camera. Check out the videos.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have the Echomaster Intellihaul 3 camera system installed on my truck, I have never had the MVI, so I can't compare them with personal experience. I do know that the Echomaster system is very useful, and pretty simple to use. So, currently I have 3 out of a possible 4 cameras working, 2 from Echomaster (I still need to hook up the trailer camera), and my stock one for backing up. I will be buying the optional one for my truck so I can see on the bed while driving at a later date.

Edited by 6.2Midnight
  • Like 1

When do you plan on buying, I may be interested in buy the extra camera and receiver from you, instead of a dealership...

Waiting on some part numbers back from Echomaster. Once I have those, then will be ordering things up. Probably within the next week or so. I can message you once I do.

I have the Echomaster Intellihaul 3 camera system installed on my truck, I have never had the MVI, so I can't compare them with personal experience. I do know that the Echomaster system is very useful, and pretty simple to use. So, currently I have 3 out of a possible 4 cameras working, 2 from Echomaster (I still need to hook up the trailer camera), and my stock one for backing up. I will be buying the optional one for my truck so I can see on the bed while driving at a later date.

How do you access the system? Last I saw you held the home button. One of hte things I like about MVI's system is that it adds icons on the screen.