Echomaster Towing Cameras- Setup

Hold the back button, or push a icon, pretty much the same thing... What is the web site for mvi?

I got my MVI module yesterday and installed it last night partially (without turn signal cameras). Pressing the back button with MVI's module also brings up the cameras (defaulting to the front camera). Tapping the screen gets you options for left, right, front, and rear. Rear is not the same as the factory rear although I think they can give you that as an option. I used the rear input for a camera over my kids car seat. There is also an option in settings to choose which rear camera comes on when you put the vehicle in reverse (factory rear or the rear input on the module). The module also gets you an HDMI input and settings for how you would like to trigger the cameras. One option not in the Echomaster version is to trigger the front camera below 10 miles per hour so pulling into spaces or anytime below 10 mph the front camera would kick in until you come to a complete stop. I turned that off as I typically pull through spaces in parking lots and use my rear camera (rear camera in motion is also an MVI option you get get with a harness and their programming) to make sure I've crossed the line. The icons it adds to the screen aren't truly icons. You can't shift them around like the factory icons. They show on a third screen if you arrow over to the right but I'll be using the back button to access them quickly and the screen if i need to get to HDMI or the settings. I'd still like to get the mirrors with integrated cameras for left and right but I'm not sure they will sell them standalone. I may go another route later on for left and right. I will say I was set on getting the Echomaster system but when Anthony told me he was working on something and I saw his demo in the thread I changed my mind. I have his HMI unlock with rear camera in motion and portions of his front camera system. I'm going to try to get a more in depth review up soon with some video.

MVI info:

https://www.gm-navigation.com/

Anthony Brush 919-995-9523

Text him if you have questions. He is very busy but he will get back to you and his preferred method of contact is text otherwise I wouldn't just post his number up here.

Will be a good compare as I ordered the Echomaster package with the mirror cap cameras, wireless trailer camera (which I am going to use for a front camera now) and a cargo light/CHMSL camera. Should get it next week and will see how it goes together. Dealer quoted me $250 to install it which I will probably take them up on to get the 3 yr/36k warranty on it. We shall see!

The cargo camera plugs into the Echomaster setup in the 4th camera input on the controller box of the Intellihauler module. Two cameras are the mirrors, one camera is the wireless camera, and there is a 4th input that this can plug into.

Hmmm. I was wondering about the price being so low. I see now that this camera is not the one that is integrated into the third brake light. I will be interested to see an actual view from this camera when you get it installed...

Per Echomaster, the photo of the fully integrated light that was part of the actual lens was a prototype. This is the model that made it to production, so the "lens" model is not even available. Once I get things hooked up all around, will post many more pictures.