Echomaster Towing Cameras- Setup

I'm not crazy about how they Integrated the camera into the frame like they did. Sometimes I open the sliding window and stick long pieces of lumber inside the cab. I can see myself accidentally hitting it.

I suppose an extra measure of caution will be in order and the look of it may grow on me, but I too prefer the camera to be integrated into the lense. It's possible the functionality of the camera diminished at low level light and the view was washed out by the 3rd brake light itself. But that's just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not crazy about how they Integrated the camera into the frame like they did. Sometimes I open the sliding window and stick long pieces of lumber inside the cab. I can see myself accidentally hitting it.

I suppose an extra measure of caution will be in order and the look of it may grow on me, but I too prefer the camera to be integrated into the lense. It's possible the functionality of the camera diminished at low level light and the view was washed out by the 3rd brake light itself. But that's just a guess.

I would imagine it was costs that made them go away from the integrated camera. A plastic trim ring has to be cheaper than a functional light with integrated camera.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/192614-tenscourts-2016-ltzz71-ccsb-4wd-silverado/

Finally got the whole system installed and will take pictures today. Getting the camera wiring through the door grommets was not a fun experience. Anyway, here is how the cameras played out:

Camera 1- Driver's Mirror- the standard Echomaster camera installed right into/onto the mirror cap. With some plastic trim removal tools, was easy to install.

Camera 2- Passenger Mirror- Ditto above.

Camera 3- CHMSL Camera- the Echomaster CHMSL camera installed onto the trim ring of the CHMSL. Good for seeing the bed and a bit beyond it. Wish I could adjust it a bit "higher,"

Camera 4- Wireless Camera with IR- the Echomaster wireless IR camera. I didn't want to install this on a trailer, so I installed in under the front license plate, attached to the frame and then ran power wiring to it. I installed the wireless receiver in the overhead console where HomeLink, etc. are located to avoid any interference from behind the radio/firewall. Plenty of wiring included to make that run. I did this as my truck has a 6" lift on it, so pulling into parking spots and other places where there is a wall in front will trigger the parking sensors, but now I have a camera to "see" distance as well.

One tip for 2017 trucks. Dip Switch 3 has to be in the "UP" position or your picture is going to look like it's underwater.

With that out of the way, picture from all cameras are crisp, appears when changing lanes (triggered by turn signals) and allows for views while in motion all around. OEM backup camera still overrides anything when in reverse just like normal. All good and will take some pictures later today of each camera and the screen.

Just installed two complete trailering mirror systems yesterday, one on my buddys '16 and one on my '17. Anybody have issues with WIFI disconnecting when turn signal are applied and then reconnecting when turn signal disengage? When I shut off turn signal mode everything is OK. This happens for both sides. Also what is the small knockout underneath pass.mirror for?

Edited by Tikitim