• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shawnslife
      Two easy ways to turn off the engine auto start system in the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 since they do not give you an off switch 

here's the video link  let me know if you have any questions 

• By Daver
      I've tried searching and can't seem to find any information about towing.

I've had a couple of 2500's, a 3500 and my son now has a Canyon. When he got his, I went back to a 4 door sedan. It's been 3 years and I'm ready to be back in a truck. His 4 cylinder Canyon doesn't do it for me....

I'm interested in a 2019 AT4 with the D-max. Will the tow specs be lower on the AT4 than on the straight Denali? Kind of like how the ZR2 is less than the Z71 Colorado. 

Thanks, friends!
    • By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      4-27-2018

Ford has announced that it will begin to phase out of the passenger car market. The most recent announcement caps a long list of hints by Ford that the company could not seem to build cars that are competitive or that were profitable to make domestically. Ford will be walking away from a volume of business larger than the total sales volume of Volkswagen in America. The Mustang will stay, but most of the Ford cars will not have a next generation.

FCA recently canceled two Dodge and Chrysler models, deciding to keep only the luxury and rear/AWD muscle cars that it can also sell to government agencies. The natural question to ask, given that both Ford and Chrysler are walking away from mainstream family cars, is will GM follow the examples?

Mary Barra, GM’s CEO says GM will not follow the example. At least in the near term. Here’s what Barra told investors in a recent conference call:
      “We launched very efficient architectures in the midsize and compact (segments) proving to be good platforms going forward with fairly minor changes…And the segments are still significant. Because we’ve made the investments, we need to deploy little to no capital going forward, so we view (cars) as an opportunity. What you’ll see us do is play very efficiently in a segment that, although it is declining, there is still an opportunity.”

That does not mean that GM won’t retire individual car models across its brands. Barra has already said that the Volt will go away eventually as GM switches to battery-electric cars (fully electric like the Bolt). Cadillac, Buick and Chevy also have some cars that are moving so slowly the market is killing them off, regardless of what GM wants. All but one Cadillac car, ironically, the front wheel drive one, the Lacrosse, the Impala, and the Sonic all look like models that could eventually be replaced by crossover models.
    • By Sixfive
      I have a 95 gmc 2500 with a 6.5 it has a huge power loss and blows blue smoke only when under load also has visible smoke from oil fill tube. Seems to start and idle just fine no smoke until under load. Not sure what it is at this point it seemed to gradually get worse until today I could barely get up the hill. 
    • By truckofwinandawesome
      https://www.caranddriver.com/news/abandon-car-ford-dropping-all-passenger-car-models-except-mustang

well, it looks like Ford is putting all of its eggs into one basket; by dropping every passenger car currently in production and going all in on Trucks and SUVs. essentially, the ONLY car they will have left is the Mustang and even then by 2020, the Mustang will be paired with a word that makes the performance community projectile vomit when it is uttered: HYBRID. i for one, feel sorry that Ford is about to essentially ruin the last good nameplate it has.