Who r using these Rigid Industries 50481 D-Series

I see you went with one ? does it give you enough light for night driving . I do a lot of night driving - county roads / trails ,would two be better? present setup are night-lux LED's . Any info will be helpful . Thanks

I bought mine from a member on here and made the harnesses myself. They are plenty bright. I like these because of the width vs the forward throw.

They put light in the right places, not pointed directly at oncoming traffic.

LED bulb in factory housing

1D972F51-A2FE-4446-8A11-E4C405420074_zps

Rigid SAE fog

AFA5A3AB-6E36-43C3-9C27-4CFC7DCAB8EB_zps

And a width shot. These are fully adjustable so you can put the light wherever.

7E7246D5-1189-44F7-8A18-FC6144C8FF8E_zps

These are for on road driving. If you need more light for offroading, I would suggest some sort of a light bar.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dually DOT/SAE light is great for onroad use. They have a nice cutoff as to not blind other drivers, and are equal to about as much light as a set of 55w HIDs would put out. If you are offroad more of the time, you could go with a set of the dually D2 in driving pattern, which will put out 40% more light but does not have the sharp beam cutoff so be careful when running them on road.

I agree with this. The Rigid SAE fogs have a very distinct cut off. I compared them to my Rigid duallys in spot beam I have on my ATV and the SAE fog have a very wide and sharp cut off pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update. I have been running my rigid fogs for 10 days now. They are such an improvement. I live in a rural area and based on my work schedule I come home after dark. The side swath of light is awesome. I almost never use my high beams anymore. The rigid fogs have just reaffirmed how inadequate the stock lights are. Now I just need to up date the headlights. Really want to do the Denali LED upgrade, but based on cost, I may just go with the TRS HID'S.

A little update. I have been running my rigid fogs for 10 days now. They are such an improvement.

I would really like to see a close up shot of the installed product.

A little update. I have been running my rigid fogs for 10 days now. They are such an improvement. I live in a rural area and based on my work schedule I come home after dark. The side swath of light is awesome. I almost never use my high beams anymore. The rigid fogs have just reaffirmed how inadequate the stock lights are. Now I just need to up date the headlights. Really want to do the Denali LED upgrade, but based on cost, I may just go with the TRS HID'S.

Photo's Please

Awesome to hear!

So here's my .02 on these rigid fogs from mrt.

I have a 6" lift on 35s. These fogs don't have a very wide light range, meaning up and down. So on my truck I don't really see a big difference from stock to these, as the stocks had more up and down range. I'm sure with a stock height truck they work great. But on my setup, they don't work so well.

Archived