2017 6.2 with 8 speed transmission shudder

I was asking our service manager today at our dealership how many Sierra's we've gotten back to fix the vibration issue.... Since 2014... 5 trucks Lol.

You guys can't seem to understand that people with any issues come to forums to look for answers and it really isn't a widespread issue.

Thanks, I feel my dealership will work with me as long as Gm will work with them. I've heard some that said a converter only fixed the problem. Hopefully so. I just can't believe the problem still persists in the 17 models.

I was asking our service manager today at our dealership how many Sierra's we've gotten back to fix the vibration issue.... Since 2014... 5 trucks Lol.

You guys can't seem to understand that people with any issues come to forums to look for answers and it really isn't a widespread issue.

After 4 weeks of my truck being at the dealership I finally got it back today with new torque converter and stator and shaft assembly. I didnt have the shutter but my rpms fluctuated a lot and I had delayed shifts from park to drive and park to reverse. They reset TCM and on the drive home it ran great. Shifts better and not rpm fluctuating. It is fixed in part because of this forum. I found repair notices from GM about torque converter shutter/rpm fluctuating and about the stator shaft support assembly. The dealership said at first that the didnt see any codes for the rpm being abnormal, so I printed the service bulletins from GM website and took it to them. No where does it say a code would be thrown, only a condition to observe and they did verify the fluctuations and the late shift and fixed my truck.

Just goes to show you that you can't give up and some times have to rub there nose in it for them to take action.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I do realize that many with problems and issues come to these forums as I have on other various subjects and issues with many different things although I believe a lot just look and gather info and move on never posting or comment or even becoming a member. This is the first time I have myself on any subject only because I wanted as much info as possible to take to my dealer and I found the entire forum to be very interesting and helpful. I do know that about everyone that has or had the 8 speed complains of some type of clunkyness or odd shifting or delays but the shudder seems to be a much smaller issue.

After 4 weeks of my truck being at the dealership I finally got it back today with new torque converter and stator and shaft assembly. I didnt have the shutter but my rpms fluctuated a lot and I had delayed shifts from park to drive and park to reverse. They reset TCM and on the drive home it ran great. Shifts better and not rpm fluctuating. It is fixed in part because of this forum. I found repair notices from GM about torque converter shutter/rpm fluctuating and about the stator shaft support assembly. The dealership said at first that the didnt see any codes for the rpm being abnormal, so I printed the service bulletins from GM website and took it to them. No where does it say a code would be thrown, only a condition to observe and they did verify the fluctuations and the late shift and fixed my truck.

Just goes to show you that you can't give up and some times have to rub there nose in it for them to take action.

As someone who plans on buying their first NEW vehicle in a couple months, being a 2017 all terrain 6.2. I'm also worried if I'll face this trouble. Also I'll be going to Laura's and driving it 16hrs back home (Ct). I hope my

Local dealer would look at it, if for some reason I have a problem.

The dealership I have all my service work done at is not the dealership where we bought both mine and my wifes trucks from. This dealership has never had any problem taking care of both of our trucks. We took my wifes truck back to the dealership we bought it from for the first oil change and they put the wrong grade of oil in (10w/30) so I decided if they cant even change oil correctly, I sure dont want to trust them to actually work on the trucks. You shoulf be able to get anything you need done at the local dealership

That's 5 too many. And while you were back there, did you happen to ask how many of these trucks were completely and effectively repaired? If so, feel free to post the solution so the guys that do have to deal with this problem can get it resolved. I think if I worked at a dealership I'd be sure not disparage the guys who have a legitimate problem with the manufacturer who in a round about way pays my salary.

Edited by Newell33
  • Like 1